Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 09-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Prospect

redneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default tra differences

Does anyone know what differences/improvements there are from a mid 90's tra to a current tra. i've looked on microfisce and the #'s don't jive but i'm told they'll swap from an old formula iii to the current twins the price is right and i need a clutch bad.
thanks
Old 09-17-2010, 04:31 AM
REBEL

Get Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLP
Get Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLP

There are some slight diffrences like adding what I think they call cushen drive don't quote me on the name of that. Other then that I think they would work just fine.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:48 AM
REBEL

montanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR
montanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR

i thought some of the earlier were a smaller diameter shaft
might have just been on the 600 though
might want to double check
What do you need I might have some parts laying around
or I can check with the guys i ride with
Old 09-18-2010, 08:45 PM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Last couple of years they've been changing the newer ones, they have bigger arms,weights and rollers and are not interchangeable with the older ones. Compare those on the parts that your looking up.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Prospect

RIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from AR
RIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from ARRIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from ARRIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from ARRIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from ARRIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from ARRIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from ARRIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Check out Dynamo Joes web site. Some where in there tells all the differences. Sorry I don't know how to link.
12 800 Pro RMK-1100 miles and needs Pistons, Clutch. Seeing the line no one else does PRICELESS. POLARIS the way out...OF CASH
Old 09-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Prospect

redneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Good info guys! Thanks The one I got is off a 96 formula III 600, I know the taper is the same as my 600 ho. Hawkster do you know if the arms and rollers I need for my 600 'hawk will fit in the this old of a tra?
Old 09-24-2010, 02:53 PM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Your clutch should work fine with the arms and rollers BUT what you need to be concerned about is your pin weights, ramps and spring. Question ? is the arm held in by a roll pin and a bolt on each side of the roll pin holding it in, or is it held in by a bolt and nut. Might sound stupid but it's one or the other. I'll see if I can get some guys that know these clutches to chime in.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:47 PM
REBEL

cjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Thats the same clutch I had on mine when it was a 6er. I'd start with a 300 ramp and about 10 grams of pin weight. then adjust your pin weight for elevation/max rpm. what elevation are you riding at? do you like an easy engagement or do you like it to come into gear hard?

the newer ramps like 417, 415 that guys are talking about wont work in your clutch, the heel is too fat and it wont fit.

Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone notices but only you feel its true warmth. Thanks for being the pee in my pants.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Just Got Here

renegadeford Has earned a rub and tug from ARrenegadeford Has earned a rub and tug from ARrenegadeford Has earned a rub and tug from ARrenegadeford Has earned a rub and tug from ARrenegadeford Has earned a rub and tug from ARrenegadeford Has earned a rub and tug from ARrenegadeford Has earned a rub and tug from ARrenegadeford Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Click it and Get it http://www.mxzx-revzone.com/article/....asp#tra_3_5_7
Old 10-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Prospect

That's a neat link. Thanks. CJ I ride around 2000 ft and don't mind a healthy engagement. 10 grams of pin wieght seems really light. I guess I shoulda bought the aluminum adjustable pins instead of the steel ones.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO