Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken

Old 08-20-2010, 09:11 PM
REBEL

yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default A little Brisket?

Found a new spot to buy my briskets. Big packers instead of flats and the price is WAY less than the places I've been getting them....

12-14 hour hickory session for this one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0820001711.jpg (67.4 KB, 102 views)
Old 08-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Walkin' tall machine gun man

Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR

do they trim the up for you too?
Old 08-20-2010, 11:02 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

how much $$ per #. walmart has some big ones for $2 a #. the one i bought from the buthcer trimmed was $5 a #
Old 08-20-2010, 11:07 PM

Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR

if you're payin that for the whole brisket trimmed you are gettin hosed. we run flats trimmed at 3.99 a lb, whole ones un trimmed for 2.99 a lb. points we damn near give away
Old 08-20-2010, 11:33 PM
REBEL

yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Not trimmed...it's the whole piece, packer style......$1.80/lb...It's plenty easy to trim it up myself...I'll be going there for all my future big smokes or if I plan it.....any of my catering gigs will be supplied from there for sure!! It's basically a professional supply place that sells to the public. Seen tons of fold walking out with full flat bed carts full of stuff which could only be for pro's....and I could see why based on the prices for their products...
Old 08-21-2010, 07:10 AM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
if you're payin that for the whole brisket trimmed you are gettin hosed. we run flats trimmed at 3.99 a lb, whole ones un trimmed for 2.99 a lb. points we damn near give away
i know. i was gonna get one last week then i said i'am not gonna pay thet.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Prospect

INDEEP Has earned a rub and tug from ARINDEEP Has earned a rub and tug from ARINDEEP Has earned a rub and tug from ARINDEEP Has earned a rub and tug from ARINDEEP Has earned a rub and tug from ARINDEEP Has earned a rub and tug from ARINDEEP Has earned a rub and tug from ARINDEEP Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Cash and Carry rules! They make Costco seem expensive and now they carry Traeger pellets for cheap.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:27 AM
REBEL

DKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from AR
DKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from AR

nice little thread topic on bbq pellets, I gotta hit up the cash and carry....I too find treager brand pellets lacking in flavor, and they are 18 freaking dollars a bag at my local dealer

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=89772
Old 08-27-2010, 11:55 AM
REBEL

Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP
Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Du View Post
how much $$ per #. walmart has some big ones for $2 a #. the one i bought from the buthcer trimmed was $5 a #
Been there & done that, the large Wally briskets are crap compared to the small ones I pick up from my local meat market...... Yupp I pay a little more but way worth it imho.

I usually end up indirect grilling 2 smaller ones & end up with great flavor & so tender they melt when we cut them

These “odious debts” are considered to be the personal debts of the tyrants who incurred them, rather than the country’s debt
Old 08-30-2010, 11:40 PM

are you picking up the whole briskets cut and trimmed or just the flats? and what do you pay/lb
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken