Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > YAMAHA

Old 08-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Just Got Here

Pro116 Has earned a rub and tug from ARPro116 Has earned a rub and tug from ARPro116 Has earned a rub and tug from ARPro116 Has earned a rub and tug from ARPro116 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Another apex and nytro

Just pickep up another apex mtn.Had one brand new back in 07 and sold it.Got a nytro too toady.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:49 AM
Prospect

AKrider Has earned a rub and tug from AR
AKrider Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKrider Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKrider Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKrider Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKrider Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKrider Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKrider Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKrider Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKrider Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKrider Has earned a rub and tug from AR

How does the Apex compare to the Nytro mountain? Is more power on the Apex a better trade-off to the light, more nimble Nytro?
Old 10-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Just Got Here

Pro116 Has earned a rub and tug from ARPro116 Has earned a rub and tug from ARPro116 Has earned a rub and tug from ARPro116 Has earned a rub and tug from ARPro116 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Haven't got to to drive the nytro yet.
I drove my buddies boodocking in a couple feet of snow in upper michigan but waiting for snow in the the snowy range.I will give an update once I can.

I know some guys went back to apex's after having the nytro but theres others that like the nytro better.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:29 PM
REBEL

heinracing Has earned a rub and tug from ARheinracing Has earned a rub and tug from ARheinracing Has earned a rub and tug from AR
heinracing Has earned a rub and tug from ARheinracing Has earned a rub and tug from ARheinracing Has earned a rub and tug from ARheinracing Has earned a rub and tug from ARheinracing Has earned a rub and tug from ARheinracing Has earned a rub and tug from ARheinracing Has earned a rub and tug from AR

i have a apex and rode the nytro right when it came out.

I wasn't a fan of the nytro doesn't fit me at all compared to the apex or a rmk.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:32 AM

AK Apex is an unknown quantity at this point

Things to make the Apex way better than stock...cut the stock track off af it a use it for a door stop...get ya a Challenger Extreme 162x16x2.5 or what I like a 174x16x2.5. If ya go with the 174 and gear it down 1 notch and throw in some AVID drivers so you can run the track really loose. Throw away the stck rails that are tipprd up in the rear and get ya a set of Ice Age rails..great people...grreat products. Then if your not outta money call up Skinz and get there light weight seat....then, if your still not outta money call up AAron at Excell Exhaust and pick up one of his exhaust. One other thing that will free up some power and make changing the belt way easier is a team roller secondary, give Tom Hartman a call for that set up. Once you've done these few things the Apex is a totally different beast. You couldn't give me 2-Nytro for one apex!! P.S. there's srill over 50 lbs to shave off of my Apex!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:40 AM

AK Apex is an unknown quantity at this point

As you can see the Apex looks pretty cool with a 174 under the stock skid. Also notice the Turbo M8 and Tyrbo Nytro I've been riding with...the Nytro has the new factory PUSH turbo sety up on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0009.jpg (38.3 KB, 351 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0012.jpg (54.7 KB, 347 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0016.jpg (30.4 KB, 344 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0100.jpg (42.9 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0096.jpg (51.1 KB, 345 views)
Old 12-27-2010, 09:58 AM
REBEL

Environmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Environmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AREnvironmentalist Has earned a rub and tug from AR

When I had my Apex, I rode several Nytro's and I couldn't get off the Nytro fast enough. It was easier for me to handle the Apex than the Nytro...and the HP difference seems a lot different than 20hp! All the sleds were stock.

Now when I rode the Turbo'd and SC'd Nytros...well that was different! The Nytro still didn't handle worth a hoot, but WOW were they crazy to ride.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Just Got Here

After getting alot of time on th the nytro i like it better but dosen't have the power of the apex on the climbs.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Just Got Here

Coloradoman is an unknown quantity at this point

That looks like a lot of fun
Old 04-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Prospect

aksnomachinechic Has earned a rub and tug from ARaksnomachinechic Has earned a rub and tug from ARaksnomachinechic Has earned a rub and tug from ARaksnomachinechic Has earned a rub and tug from ARaksnomachinechic Has earned a rub and tug from ARaksnomachinechic Has earned a rub and tug from ARaksnomachinechic Has earned a rub and tug from ARaksnomachinechic Has earned a rub and tug from ARaksnomachinechic Has earned a rub and tug from ARaksnomachinechic Has earned a rub and tug from ARaksnomachinechic Has earned a rub and tug from AR

with some mods to my nytro, I love it!!! I have added skinz front suspension, seat, and air frame running boards, ice age rails, timbersled rear suspension, and the mpi turbo. She runs & handles so amazinly awesome! The best sled I've owned so far. Hubby wants to turbo his Apex and when he does it might be time to upgrade. ha!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > YAMAHA