Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Seafood

Old 07-06-2010, 12:40 PM
SENILE MEMBER

Grizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLP
Grizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLP
Default Halibut not Halle Berrys butt!

Goin fishin fer flounders this weekend. We usually fillet them and BBQ with a lil rosemary & dill. Then smother in lemon juice and pig out. Kinda lookin for a few new things to try with the hali's. We only keep 10- 25 pounders, chicken of da sea! Poast up ur hali recipes!
Rebel #52
My Friends call me "Randy" , the rebels can as well as I consider them to be above acquaintance status!
Proudly stolen from Eric W "My strength is the strength of ten for my heart is pure"
Old 07-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Harlot

HELLBILLY Offical PLPHELLBILLY Offical PLPHELLBILLY Offical PLPHELLBILLY Offical PLP
HELLBILLY Offical PLPHELLBILLY Offical PLPHELLBILLY Offical PLPHELLBILLY Offical PLPHELLBILLY Offical PLPHELLBILLY Offical PLPHELLBILLY Offical PLPHELLBILLY Offical PLP

1ST OF ALL.............HAHAHAHHAAHAHAH!!!! 2ND....HOW BOUT YOU SEND ME SOME DELICIOUS 'BUT????
Old 07-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Has JEEP WAVE envy

777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP

For a quickie appitizer, cut into 1 inch chunks and fry in butter. Tastes like lobster.

Don't forget the old flour and cornmeal fried, one of my favorites for hali, seabass, rockfish or cod.

Then there is the cedar plank method on the barbie. It's a gooder too.
Originally Posted by Hawgman
What Ford guy doesn't have a chip.... exhaust.... intake.... chrome plated cup holder.... driving lites on all the time...inflated ego...36 inch rubber.. naked lady mud flaps... trucker envy...
Old 07-07-2010, 06:02 PM
"I come in peace"

BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
For a quickie appitizer, cut into 1 inch chunks and fry in butter. Tastes like lobster.

Don't forget the old flour and cornmeal fried, one of my favorites for hali, seabass, rockfish or cod.

Then there is the cedar plank method on the barbie. It's a gooder too.
What do you know about fish??

I mean really!!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:55 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

I was hoping for hallies butt shots!

so I guess since I was let down someone should package up some halibut and ship it to poor old middle of the country MN.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Prospect

Polar Express Has earned a rub and tug from ARPolar Express Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Polar Express Has earned a rub and tug from ARPolar Express Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Halibut:

If you want fish and chips, in my humble opinion, I think it's the best fish to use, but everyone has their own opinion. My method is actually very simple, and is usually well received: Simple Krustez pancake mix, and light beer. Deep fry. Yes, its really that simple. You have to play with the oil temp, and the size of the fish pieces a little to get it just perfect, but it works well.

On the BBQ: I like to marinade the halibut fillet in a mix of limeade concentrate and white wine. Use the same ratio as you would making limeade, just use wine instead of water. Marinade for an hour or so, then put it on a bbq, I like to use a fish grate to make it easier to turn. Once its on the bbq, I sprinkle some chili powder on top, and sometimes a little basil. When I flip it, I pour some of the marinade on top to wet it, then more chili powder and basil.

In the skillet: This works better for thinner fillets. water dip them, then coat in a flour, corn meal, spice mix. Lay them into a pan with some melted butter and olive oil, and fry. When you flip them, have some shredded Parmesan cheese ready to spread on top. As the cheese melts over the hot fish, you can leave it that way, or you can flip one more time to brown the cheese just before you serve. That can get a little tricky cuz you don't want to burn the cheese, or loose it in the pan. Keep in mind the oils I used smoke at a fairly low temp, so you can't really turn the heat up too high w/o smoking out the house.

***The coating is mostly flour, with a bit of corn meal, some garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, that kind of stuff. Use what seasonings you think you'd like, and what would go well with the Parmesan cheese.

On a different note, I find it curious that so many people choose to put dill weed with their seafood. While It's purely a personal choice, I don't care for dill other than in a pickle jar, so you won't find dill in any of my seafood plans. My whole extended family can't seem to comprehend that there are other options for seafood, it's actually kinda funny.

Send me a PM if you have any questions.
PE

'06 Ram CTD
'91YJ
'11 PRO
'08 D7

This is America, if you don't like it, go conquer another country, and start your own.

I'll keep my God, my guns and my freedom, Barry can keep his 'change'

Last edited by Polar Express; 07-08-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:38 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Ingredients

1 (2 pound) halibut fillet
1 large lemon, quartered
olive oil for brushing
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dill weed

Directions

1.Preheat the oven's broiler and coat a baking sheet or broiling pan with olive oil.

2.Rinse the fish and pat dry. Place on the greased pan, and brush with olive oil or coat with olive oil cooking spray. Squeeze the juice from the lemon wedges over the entire fillet, and season generously with salt first, then garlic and finally dill.

3.Broil for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the fillet is opaque and can be flaked with a fork. Broiling time may depend on the thickness of your fillet.

Oh, and for the rest of you...

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 07-09-2010, 09:01 AM
"Installing in the Dirty Pic Thread"

-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP
-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP

she is hot ^^^^

There is my appology.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Prospect

whitefish Has earned a rub and tug from AR
whitefish Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhitefish Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhitefish Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhitefish Has earned a rub and tug from AR

cup of sugar
cup of salt
gallon of water
cut into 1" chunks
boil until they float
dip in melted butter
called poor mans lobster

Old 07-23-2010, 11:53 PM
REBEL

LADYREV800 Offical PLPLADYREV800 Offical PLPLADYREV800 Offical PLPLADYREV800 Offical PLP
LADYREV800 Offical PLPLADYREV800 Offical PLPLADYREV800 Offical PLPLADYREV800 Offical PLPLADYREV800 Offical PLPLADYREV800 Offical PLPLADYREV800 Offical PLPLADYREV800 Offical PLP

Tried this for the first time the other night...MMMmm mmm good!
BROWN SUGAR GLAZE:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (1 pound) halibut steak

Directions
Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
Place butter, brown sugar, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, and pepper in a small saucepan. Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
Lightly oil grill grate. Brush fish with brown sugar sauce, and place on grill. Cook for 5 minutes per side, or until fish can be easily flaked with a fork, basting with sauce. Discard remaining basting sauce
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Seafood