Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS

BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS We all like to see builds from the crate up. Bring us along for the creation.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:19 AM
SPACE POPE

Hypnotoad Offical PLPHypnotoad Offical PLPHypnotoad Offical PLPHypnotoad Offical PLP
Hypnotoad Offical PLPHypnotoad Offical PLPHypnotoad Offical PLPHypnotoad Offical PLPHypnotoad Offical PLPHypnotoad Offical PLPHypnotoad Offical PLPHypnotoad Offical PLP

I think the sled you are thinking of MMM was in mountain mod 7, there was also a build thread on here last fall for it.

SNWMBL, that sled will look amazing when you are finished with it

Rep The Toad To Get Magic Powers
Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Can't wait to see how it turns out, is this a NA sled or what power adds does it have?? Would be cool if it was non-boosted just to see how stock form runs shaved down.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 06-28-2010, 07:21 PM
REBEL

SNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
SNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

It's NA and will remain so. It has a few things done to it and it flat out runs awesome.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:42 PM

jskattum606 Certified Forum Whore

Wow, Great attention to detail. I like it. The color combo on the old one looks great too. can you take pictures of the punched holes when your done? Also, How did you flare the holes like that? Looks factory. Very nice build
Old 06-29-2010, 12:13 AM
REBEL

SNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
SNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

The holes were flared with a dimple die http://trick-tools.com/sheet_metal_m...imple_dies.htm.

Received my punch set today.

I tried with a ratchet and then the press and the press was a lot easier. The ratchet would probably work fine on aluminum, but .063 4130 is a little harder. You just use the bolt as a guide and press away. The faster you press the cleaner the hole. I'm ecstatic that I never have to use a hole saw again!

Both braces cleaned up and ready to rivet.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:15 AM
"This is all my fault"

Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP
Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP

Noice Sled..........
Old 07-01-2010, 10:38 AM
MENTOR/MOTIVATIONAL POSTER BUILDER

Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP
Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP

Very Cool!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:57 AM
REBEL

Got everything riveted. I pretty much copied the same thing I've been doing for the last two seasons which is flared holes for snow evacuation and screws for traction. The screws work incredibly well and don't build up snow on them. I had Better Boards on at one point in 2008 but this setup clears snow almost as good and is way stronger.

10-32 aircraft screws with low profile nuts for traction. The first 6 are rivets as I found out early on that you can't clear snow out of the footwell with screws. With the back half of my boot hitting screws I still get really good grip and I can also kick the snow out of the footwell.

All countersunk

Last edited by SNWMBL; 07-02-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:11 PM
IQR MAN

MtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from ARMtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from AR
MtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from ARMtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from ARMtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from ARMtnMaxMod Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Hey dude it's looking good! I like your running board idea. The running boards on my IQR look exactly like that, I might have to "borrow" your idea to get some traction if you don't mind
Old 07-03-2010, 12:24 AM
REBEL

Installed the tunnel and skid so I could start working on my rear bumper. I think I'm going to need about 80" of tubing but being 3/4" .058 4130 it should still be right under 3.5 lbs. Once the bumper is done I'll make my tunnel extension.

I was planning on using a Rev or big IQ gas tank but just for grins I set the stock tank on and it fit perfect, so I think I'll just going to use it. It'll save me from having to buy a gas tank and external pump.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS