Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Grilling, Smoking, and BBQ

Old 06-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Petey is my BIOTCH. Fear my pimp hand!!!!

snowryder Has earned a rub and tug from AR
snowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Apple Cider Brined Smoked Chicken

I brought this to Vinnee's birthday party at Brent and Brandy's. I had several comments about how good it was so I thought I would post up the recipe.

Apple Cider Brined Smoked Chicken

1. Chicken
(any chicken parts or whole chicken. I like to use chicken thighs)

2. Create a brine. I use a modified version of

Smokin’ Okie’s Holiday Turkey Brine

•1 gallon water (I replace half the water with apple cider)(beer also works great too)
•1 cup coarse Kosher salt
•3/4 cup soy sauce
•1/2 cup white sugar
•1/2 cup brown sugar
•1/2 cup honey
•1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
•4 tablespoons black pepper
•3 - 4 tablespoons chopped garlic
•1 teaspoon Allspice
•1 oz. Morton’s Tenderquick (optional)

(this brine works great for any poultry)

You can add or delete any ingredients you like, but for the brine to work maintain the ratio of water, salt, and sugar. Use coarse Kosher salt as other types will measure out differently.

Mix all ingredients minus the honey and heat till suger and salt have all dissolved. Remove from heat and mix in honey. Let brine cool completely
in refrigerator.

3.Since my smoker only goes to 250, which is not hot enough to crisp the skin, I remove it from the chicken thighs. Place chicken in the brine making sure all parts are fully submerged. I brine the chicken parts for 4 hours. This amount of time will give you a strong brine flavoring. I would not go longer, and for weaker less saltier flavoring you can use less time.

4.Then load chicken into smoker. I like to sprinkle Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb over the chicken. You don't want to use a seasoning with salt in it. This with the salt from the brine could make it to salty. I smoke the chicken for about 4 to 4.5 hours at 250 with a little cherry or apple wood brushing on BBQ sauce for the last 25min.

My snowmobile pics

Last edited by snowryder; 06-06-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:10 AM
MENTOR/MOTIVATIONAL POSTER BUILDER

Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP
Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP

Nice!

you have a smoker??
Old 06-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Petey is my BIOTCH. Fear my pimp hand!!!!

snowryder Has earned a rub and tug from AR
snowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowryder Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Nice!

you have a smoker??
SmokinTex 1400

My snowmobile pics
Old 06-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Just Got Here

Beufordt Certified Forum Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowryder View Post
I will vouch that snowryder can smoke the meat!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Grilling, Smoking, and BBQ