Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken

Old 05-19-2010, 01:29 PM
CINNAMON RING KING

buck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
buck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default do you prefer to dry rub or marinade?

i do a lot of both, and i guess it depends on the type of meat for me. chicken i mostly marinade, where as pork i MOSTLY dry rub, but have been marinating more lately. also been brining pork a lot lately before grilling, and i'm really liking that!!! anyone elses thought?????
Old 05-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Prospect

Pinner Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Pinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck50 View Post

do you prefer to dry rub

i do a lot of both, i MOSTLY dry rub i'm really liking that!!!
LoL
Old 05-19-2010, 02:25 PM
CINNAMON RING KING

buck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
buck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuck50 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinner View Post
LoL
bwahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!! wondered how long that was gonna take........... but it was a serious question!!!!!! bastage
Old 05-19-2010, 02:58 PM
"I come in peace"

BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP

I love a good rub on my meat. With that said, I also like to marinade my chicken before grilling.

What are you using for a brine on your pork Buck?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:03 PM
CINNAMON RING KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTruck View Post
I love a good rub on my meat. With that said, I also like to marinade my chicken before grilling.

What are you using for a brine on your pork Buck?
i use 2 cups salt to 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, chopped onion, garlic, and whatever other flavorings i see in my pantry/spice drawer. usually let it brine for at least 12 hrs, but i'm finding 24 hrs is better
Old 05-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Walkin' tall machine gun man

Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR

i do a 24 hour brine on salmon. Beef gets salt and pepper, maybe a thin coat of worcetshire sauce, depends on the cut of pork, ribs get the dry rub, loins get marinated.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Prospect

Pinner Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Pinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from ARPinner Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I've only brined Turkey and Chicken... For the Grill.

Maybe I'll try brining a Pork loin
Old 05-19-2010, 03:55 PM
REBEL

yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I'm pretty much dry rub on everything...although I've been injecting my pork butt....
Old 05-19-2010, 03:55 PM
CINNAMON RING KING

i've brined turkey, pork loin and thick cut pork chops(double cut)
Old 05-19-2010, 04:16 PM
"I come in peace"

BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck50 View Post
i've brined turkey, pork loin and thick cut pork chops(double cut)
Im gonna have to try and brine a Pork Loin!

Sounds good.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken