Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Sauces and marinades

Old 05-07-2010, 12:02 PM

djr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default easy chicken sauce/rib rub and smoker I built

Heres a killer recipe for chicken:

One cup of Kens Rasberry walnut vinagrette salad dressing
one cup of ketchup
one cup honey

Mix it up in a can, you can store it for up to 5 days in the fridge but the honey will settle. I usually applly it during the last hour of smoking/cooking.

For ribs i like this rub:

16tsp brown sugar
3tsp kosher salt
1tspchili powder
3tsp paprika
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2tsp onion powder
1/4tspcayenne pepper
1/4tsp black pepper

I use honey as my binder for the ribs (helps the rub stick to the meat), you can use mustard, butter, olive oil. i like to put a little thyme and dry mustard in the rub as well.

I use the 3-2-1 method when smoking. 3 hours of smoking open, 2 hours in foil, then 2 hours open again. In the last 2 hours of smoking I mist apple juice on the ribs to give them a nice glaze. If I use the big baby smoker i use apple/pear wood. Heres some pics I had on my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00053-20100102-1551.jpg (63.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00054-20100103-1857.jpg (48.4 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00062-20100117-1549[1].jpg (68.1 KB, 48 views)
Marathon Sled deck dealer
Dustin @ 800-225-3174
Old 05-07-2010, 02:35 PM
REBEL

Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP
Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP

Cool Thanks for posting!

These “odious debts” are considered to be the personal debts of the tyrants who incurred them, rather than the country’s debt
Old 05-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Walkin' tall machine gun man

Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR

looks like a good rub, lot like my rib rub but i dont use any chili powder and i use roasted black pepper corns. I like the smoker, how low temps can you keep with the firebox on the bottom?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:23 PM

djr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdjr Has earned a rub and tug from AR

thanks guys. Doc, i can keep it steady at 200. I have a vogelzang deluxe door so i can control the air pretty good via a dual door design. It has 2 6" dampers between the firebox and the smoking chamber as well.
Marathon Sled deck dealer
Dustin @ 800-225-3174
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Sauces and marinades