Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Wild Game and Exotic Meats

Old 05-06-2010, 08:12 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Default Pheasant

Lots of birds around here and we have a full freezer full of them. We are pretty lucky to live in one of the ebst hunting areas for pheasant and upland game period.

Couple quick dishes:

Crock pot a couple birds with cream of chicken or cream of mushroom, add some spices to the mix and serve over rice. Slow cook all day while ya work and awesome meal ready for when ya get home.

Oher one we like to do is pheasant nuggets. Cut them up in small pieces and fry them in a pan of oil. Same way ya can do a shore lunch of fish by mixing crushed saltine crackers, some lawry's seasoned salt, and use egg with a little water in it to coat the pieces in. Like home-made chicken nuggets only much better!

Any other recipe's out there????

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 05-06-2010, 08:17 AM
REBEL

Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP
Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP

Friends have a Italian dressing deal they do with the birds...... Wow its friggen AWSOME!

These “odious debts” are considered to be the personal debts of the tyrants who incurred them, rather than the country’s debt
Old 05-06-2010, 04:31 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

this is how i do mine

dredge breast in flour, then fry until golden brown on each side. throw them in the crock pot with 1 large can of creme of mushroom and 2 brown gravey packets with water. chop up an onion in there to and cook for 4 hrs.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:41 AM
Banned

mps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLP
mps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
Friends have a Italian dressing deal they do with the birds...... Wow its friggen AWSOME!
Well get us the fawking recipe!! oh...PLEASE

Old 09-05-2010, 09:43 AM
SENILE MEMBER

Grizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLP
Grizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLP

Ditch chicken Fajitas. Grouse breast fajitas are the bomb. Takes a few ditch chickens to make a good batch tho.
Rebel #52
My Friends call me "Randy" , the rebels can as well as I consider them to be above acquaintance status!
Proudly stolen from Eric W "My strength is the strength of ten for my heart is pure"
Old 09-05-2010, 07:46 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain-powder-slut View Post
Well get us the fawking recipe!! oh...PLEASE

Breast them out, take the breasts and legs , put them in a ziplock bag, dump in a bottle of italian dressing, let sit for 3 to 5 days, grill.

Use the left overs sliced up for sandwiches, little pepper jack on them.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:20 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

only about 7 weeks away till the big shoot out
Old 09-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Banned

mps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLP
mps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBA View Post
Breast them out, take the breasts and legs , put them in a ziplock bag, dump in a bottle of italian dressing, let sit for 3 to 5 days, grill.

Use the left overs sliced up for sandwiches, little pepper jack on them.
Nice! I will try it....I am giving away pheasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Du View Post
only about 7 weeks away till the big shoot out
SWEEEEET!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:47 PM
REBEL

DKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from AR
DKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from AR

cooked some phez tonight on the treager

treager chicken rub
olive oil
marinated for 4 hours or so in one of those seal a meal marinaters

smoked couple hours on low
finished off on 400

good!

even has a pink smoke ring
Old 10-26-2010, 07:56 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Brad, I think imma try your recipe next, I have been slayin the birds this year as numbers are way up.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Wild Game and Exotic Meats