Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Grilling, Smoking, and BBQ

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-06-2010, 07:50 AM
yammadog's Avatar
yammadog yammadog is offline
REBEL
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Bend, WA
Posts: 742
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default I'm a smoker...I'm a joker....

Lived in KC for 8 years and loved every smokey minute of it...for the food....moved to Seattle and NO GOOD BBQ...so I started doing my own....just did one of my best pulled pork sessions yet....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-12-2010, 01:05 PM
woodzy's Avatar
woodzy woodzy is offline
You Should See my Van
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Conny, MT
Posts: 3,075
woodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLP
woodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLP
Default

congrats on learning how to successfully pull your own pork...
__________________
Buck oFama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Swimmer View Post
I can't believe I am going to say this but Woodzy is right....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-12-2010, 07:12 PM
777's Avatar
777 777 is offline
Has JEEP WAVE envy
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Just west of the east side, Wa
Posts: 7,692
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
Default

I've only found one authentic down home BBQ place here. Went downtown for a comedy show one night, you know how it works, Friday night hurry up we gotta go we'll get food later kinda night. Saw this dive lookin' place near the club and gave it a shot------mmmmm, mmmmm, place looks like it belonged in the aftermath of Katrina but the BBQ was out of this world.
All the rest are wanna be's here.
__________________
--------------------------------------
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgman
What Ford guy doesn't have a chip.... exhaust.... intake.... chrome plated cup holder.... driving lites on all the time...inflated ego...36 inch rubber.. naked lady mud flaps... trucker envy...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-2010, 11:01 AM
yammadog's Avatar
yammadog yammadog is offline
REBEL
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Bend, WA
Posts: 742
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
I've only found one authentic down home BBQ place here. Went downtown for a comedy show one night, you know how it works, Friday night hurry up we gotta go we'll get food later kinda night. Saw this dive lookin' place near the club and gave it a shot------mmmmm, mmmmm, place looks like it belonged in the aftermath of Katrina but the BBQ was out of this world.
All the rest are wanna be's here.
And you're just going to keep the place to your self? cough it up...where/what's the name? Stans in Issaquah is the closest I can find to decent BBQ...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-2010, 05:08 PM
777's Avatar
777 777 is offline
Has JEEP WAVE envy
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Just west of the east side, Wa
Posts: 7,692
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yammadog View Post
And you're just going to keep the place to your self? cough it up...where/what's the name? Stans in Issaquah is the closest I can find to decent BBQ...

Don't know the name, it's downtown Seattle, 3rd or 4th and about Cherry st. Walking distance from the comedy clubs on the West side of the street. I don't go downtown I just happened accross that one.
This place had Stan's beet though, JMO. Not worth a trip just for it but if you go to a game or something.
I wish I could be more help.
__________________
--------------------------------------
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgman
What Ford guy doesn't have a chip.... exhaust.... intake.... chrome plated cup holder.... driving lites on all the time...inflated ego...36 inch rubber.. naked lady mud flaps... trucker envy...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2010, 08:03 PM
yammadog's Avatar
yammadog yammadog is offline
REBEL
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Bend, WA
Posts: 742
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Don't know the name, it's downtown Seattle, 3rd or 4th and about Cherry st. Walking distance from the comedy clubs on the West side of the street. I don't go downtown I just happened accross that one.
This place had Stan's beet though, JMO. Not worth a trip just for it but if you go to a game or something.
I wish I could be more help.
I think I know where you're talking about....right down by the stadium area....I like stans for the hickory wood and it's close....but IMO...mine is better still.....Ice Cap and I have been working on our stuff for a number of years and we've been getting requested for catering gigs...almost did the eastside harley competition on the 22, but I would have had to get a new smoker and I'm not really ready for the competition circuit yet...mostly mental...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-16-2010, 08:14 AM
777's Avatar
777 777 is offline
Has JEEP WAVE envy
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Just west of the east side, Wa
Posts: 7,692
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yammadog View Post
I think I know where you're talking about....right down by the stadium area....I like stans for the hickory wood and it's close....but IMO...mine is better still.....Ice Cap and I have been working on our stuff for a number of years and we've been getting requested for catering gigs...almost did the eastside harley competition on the 22, but I would have had to get a new smoker and I'm not really ready for the competition circuit yet...mostly mental...

Sweet, yeah it's a real art--alot of experience is the key I think. I wish I had more time with that stuff, for now I'll just have to hit the Bigtruck grill.
__________________
--------------------------------------
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgman
What Ford guy doesn't have a chip.... exhaust.... intake.... chrome plated cup holder.... driving lites on all the time...inflated ego...36 inch rubber.. naked lady mud flaps... trucker envy...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2010, 05:38 PM
tumblina's Avatar
tumblina tumblina is offline
Sick and Twisted
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fairwood, Washington
Posts: 1,342
tumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from AR
tumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yammadog View Post
I think I know where you're talking about....right down by the stadium area....I like stans for the hickory wood and it's close....but IMO...mine is better still.....Ice Cap and I have been working on our stuff for a number of years and we've been getting requested for catering gigs...almost did the eastside harley competition on the 22, but I would have had to get a new smoker and I'm not really ready for the competition circuit yet...mostly mental...
Get busy Yammadoggy!



What about Pecos Pit? YUM.
__________________
Feisty on the outside; yummy on the inside
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-18-2010, 06:48 PM
BigTruck's Avatar
BigTruck BigTruck is offline
"I come in peace"
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Bend
Posts: 19,898
BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Sweet, yeah it's a real art--alot of experience is the key I think. I wish I had more time with that stuff, for now I'll just have to hit the Bigtruck grill.
Speaking of the BigTruck grill.... We need some fresh seafood!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Doc's Avatar
Doc Doc is offline
Walkin' tall machine gun man
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: IA
Posts: 1,432
Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default

i think we need pics of the bigtruck grill in the custom section
__________________
CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR
Reply With Quote
Reply
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Grilling, Smoking, and BBQ

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:06 PM.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Managed by wDa @ WD ™

Designed by Military Ltd