Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Grilling, Smoking, and BBQ

Old 05-06-2010, 07:50 AM
REBEL

yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default I'm a smoker...I'm a joker....

Lived in KC for 8 years and loved every smokey minute of it...for the food....moved to Seattle and NO GOOD BBQ...so I started doing my own....just did one of my best pulled pork sessions yet....
Old 05-12-2010, 01:05 PM
You Should See my Van

woodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLP
woodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLPwoodzy Offical PLP

congrats on learning how to successfully pull your own pork...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Swimmer View Post
I can't believe I am going to say this but Woodzy is right....
Old 05-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Has JEEP WAVE envy

777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP

I've only found one authentic down home BBQ place here. Went downtown for a comedy show one night, you know how it works, Friday night hurry up we gotta go we'll get food later kinda night. Saw this dive lookin' place near the club and gave it a shot------mmmmm, mmmmm, place looks like it belonged in the aftermath of Katrina but the BBQ was out of this world.
All the rest are wanna be's here.
Originally Posted by Hawgman
What Ford guy doesn't have a chip.... exhaust.... intake.... chrome plated cup holder.... driving lites on all the time...inflated ego...36 inch rubber.. naked lady mud flaps... trucker envy...
Old 05-15-2010, 11:01 AM
REBEL

yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
I've only found one authentic down home BBQ place here. Went downtown for a comedy show one night, you know how it works, Friday night hurry up we gotta go we'll get food later kinda night. Saw this dive lookin' place near the club and gave it a shot------mmmmm, mmmmm, place looks like it belonged in the aftermath of Katrina but the BBQ was out of this world.
All the rest are wanna be's here.
And you're just going to keep the place to your self? cough it up...where/what's the name? Stans in Issaquah is the closest I can find to decent BBQ...
Old 05-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Has JEEP WAVE envy

777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yammadog View Post
And you're just going to keep the place to your self? cough it up...where/what's the name? Stans in Issaquah is the closest I can find to decent BBQ...

Don't know the name, it's downtown Seattle, 3rd or 4th and about Cherry st. Walking distance from the comedy clubs on the West side of the street. I don't go downtown I just happened accross that one.
This place had Stan's beet though, JMO. Not worth a trip just for it but if you go to a game or something.
I wish I could be more help.
What Ford guy doesn't have a chip.... exhaust.... intake.... chrome plated cup holder.... driving lites on all the time...inflated ego...36 inch rubber.. naked lady mud flaps... trucker envy...
Old 05-15-2010, 08:03 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Don't know the name, it's downtown Seattle, 3rd or 4th and about Cherry st. Walking distance from the comedy clubs on the West side of the street. I don't go downtown I just happened accross that one.
This place had Stan's beet though, JMO. Not worth a trip just for it but if you go to a game or something.
I wish I could be more help.
I think I know where you're talking about....right down by the stadium area....I like stans for the hickory wood and it's close....but IMO...mine is better still.....Ice Cap and I have been working on our stuff for a number of years and we've been getting requested for catering gigs...almost did the eastside harley competition on the 22, but I would have had to get a new smoker and I'm not really ready for the competition circuit yet...mostly mental...
Old 05-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Has JEEP WAVE envy

Quote:
I think I know where you're talking about....right down by the stadium area....I like stans for the hickory wood and it's close....but IMO...mine is better still.....Ice Cap and I have been working on our stuff for a number of years and we've been getting requested for catering gigs...almost did the eastside harley competition on the 22, but I would have had to get a new smoker and I'm not really ready for the competition circuit yet...mostly mental...

Sweet, yeah it's a real art--alot of experience is the key I think. I wish I had more time with that stuff, for now I'll just have to hit the Bigtruck grill.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Sick and Twisted

tumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from AR
tumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from ARtumblina Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Get busy Yammadoggy!

What about Pecos Pit? YUM.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:48 PM
"I come in peace"

BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP

Quote:
Sweet, yeah it's a real art--alot of experience is the key I think. I wish I had more time with that stuff, for now I'll just have to hit the Bigtruck grill.
Speaking of the BigTruck grill.... We need some fresh seafood!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Walkin' tall machine gun man

Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR

i think we need pics of the bigtruck grill in the custom section
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Grilling, Smoking, and BBQ