Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Wild Game and Exotic Meats

Old 05-12-2010, 07:05 AM
JUNKLESS

ski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLP
ski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
shut the front door ya bum!

hehehehehehehehehehe
Old 05-12-2010, 06:49 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

yep big fawking swamp bucks is what i shoot
Old 05-14-2010, 12:34 PM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Du View Post
yep big fawking swamp bucks is what i shoot
with itty bitty antlers I bet.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:20 AM
REBEL

MARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLP
MARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLP

I eat moose and geese all the time, caribou on occasion and love it. Special occasions I cook beef, pork, and chicken, turkey once or twice a year. Oh, and the sea food and salmon as well, rarely tuna. It is all how you handle it from the time it is shot and how you prepare it for cooking. If you come to my house and don't eat what I eat then you better bring something else to ease the tension, lol.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Walkin' tall machine gun man

Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARV1 View Post
I eat moose and geese all the time, caribou on occasion and love it. Special occasions I cook beef, pork, and chicken, turkey once or twice a year. Oh, and the sea food and salmon as well, rarely tuna. It is all how you handle it from the time it is shot and how you prepare it for cooking. If you come to my house and don't eat what I eat then you better bring something else to ease the tension, lol.
I'm bringing veggie burgers and tofu bacon with some soy cheese on wheat germ biscuits
Old 05-29-2010, 11:52 PM
REBEL

MARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLP
MARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I'm bringing veggie burgers and tofu bacon with some soy cheese on wheat germ biscuits
Ya, eat what you want, but bring me Rum, and enough of it.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:25 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

is it wrong to jerky out of tenderloin?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Just Got Here

shaneo11 Has earned a rub and tug from ARshaneo11 Has earned a rub and tug from ARshaneo11 Has earned a rub and tug from ARshaneo11 Has earned a rub and tug from ARshaneo11 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I would say ya. Probably the best two cuts of meat on a deer are the tenderloin and the backstrap. I have had good luck after getting the deer back to the truck, we wipe down the meat with a 50/50 vinegar and water solution. I think wild game needs to be cooked low and slow to make it taste real good or it will be chewy if it's cooked high heat.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Prospect

Wickman Has earned a rub and tug from ARWickman Has earned a rub and tug from ARWickman Has earned a rub and tug from ARWickman Has earned a rub and tug from ARWickman Has earned a rub and tug from ARWickman Has earned a rub and tug from ARWickman Has earned a rub and tug from ARWickman Has earned a rub and tug from ARWickman Has earned a rub and tug from ARWickman Has earned a rub and tug from ARWickman Has earned a rub and tug from ARWickman Has earned a rub and tug from ARWickman Has earned a rub and tug from AR

My little brother came to town the other day and brought me some goodies. We are having the couple packs of backstrap for dinner tomorrow. I like to dip it on a mixture of flour, garlic salt, pepper and Johnnies seasoning then fry it in butter. Tastes awesome. Unfortunately, the wife and kids eat it faster than I can cook it.

He also brought me some smoked salmon and halibut. He promised to send me some crab and shrimp when he gets home. It is nice having a brother that is a commercial fisherman in Alaska.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:03 AM
REBEL

just took my venison in to the local meat market to make breakfest and summer suasage
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Wild Game and Exotic Meats