Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken

Old 05-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Walkin' tall machine gun man

Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Pork Cuts

I'm not going to take as much time in this thread as I did in the beef thread...

Pork loin

French cut loin
tenderloin chops
center cut chops
loin end chops
loin end roast
loin back rib
country style pork ribs
pork tenderloin

Boneless pork loin

Loin roast
butterfly chops
loin slices
boneless baby back ribs

Pork shoulder

blade steaks
boston butt roast
best for sausage

Other cuts off the carcass

spare ribs
hocks
sidepork
Ham

More crazy stuff

Chitterlings
pig tail
front feet
pork brain
neck bones
Old 05-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Hustler

kosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLP
kosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLPkosovojoe Offical PLP

Ya don't get big
if you don't eat the pig!

M1K
Member-NCBA, SAWS, NWGC, SME
junkie#298
Team Busch Light
Old 05-15-2010, 09:53 AM
REBEL

yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Pulled pork.....been working to get a sandwich product....using hickory and mesquite for 6 hours at 225, then 2 hours of 450 in the oven to make it fall apart!...mmmmmm......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0513001832.jpg (69.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg 0501000921.jpg (41.4 KB, 88 views)
Old 05-15-2010, 03:20 PM

Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR

what are you getting for internal temps? do you season or marinade?
Old 05-15-2010, 07:59 PM
REBEL

yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

haven't checked temps...I use a rub and also inject the rub inside and then the wood selection goes with the rub.....the high heat is the tenderization part and I'm sure finishing the cooking cycle.....
Old 05-18-2010, 09:30 AM

When I do pulled pork I use a pressure cooker, helps with keeping the meat tender and doesnt take as long. I am a big fan of Country Side BBQ sauce on my pulled pork very sweet smoky sauce with a nice black pepper finish
Old 05-18-2010, 01:01 PM
REBEL

I like the slow smoke process and no need for sauce for flavor with the wood and rub action.....plus I don't have a pressure cooker...LOL....are you cooking it entirely in the cooker?
Old 05-18-2010, 03:25 PM

ya... i get to cheat, we have a commercial pressure cooker/smoker at work i use
Old 10-28-2010, 09:03 PM

duchunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARduchunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARduchunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARduchunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARduchunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR

here are a couple of shots of pulled pork low and slow for 20 hours
cooking temp 210 degs
meat fininsed at 195 degs

pulled and ready to eat

Old 10-29-2010, 09:35 AM
"Installing in the Dirty Pic Thread"

-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP
-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP

noice^^^^^
i see you have the big green egg did you have to add charcoal to go the whole 20 hours? i just got one and the longest i have went is 10 hours but it seemed like i could have went quite a bit longer. those things hold temp very evenly for a long time and is really easy to dial the temp in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSICK View Post
go fawk yourself........

There is my appology.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken