Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > REC TRAILERS / TOY HAULERS / MOTOR HOMES

Old 04-07-2010, 06:03 PM
"I come in peace"

BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
Default RV fresh water tank?

Ive had my trailer for a little over a year now and the fresh water tank seems to have algea in it. How do I get rid of this? Ive bleached the tank and it appears to have killed it off but now its clogging the pump filter and the drains on the bottom of the tanks.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Has JEEP WAVE envy

777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTruck View Post
Ive had my trailer for a little over a year now and the fresh water tank seems to have algea in it. How do I get rid of this? Ive bleached the tank and it appears to have killed it off but now its clogging the pump filter and the drains on the bottom of the tanks.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

We may have to pull the tank and power flush it bro, unless someone else comes up with a better solution. You can bring it over and we can pull it in my shop if you want.
Originally Posted by Hawgman
What Ford guy doesn't have a chip.... exhaust.... intake.... chrome plated cup holder.... driving lites on all the time...inflated ego...36 inch rubber.. naked lady mud flaps... trucker envy...
Old 04-07-2010, 06:57 PM
"I come in peace"

BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP
BigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLPBigTruck Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
We may have to pull the tank and power flush it bro, unless someone else comes up with a better solution. You can bring it over and we can pull it in my shop if you want.
We may have to. I turned the drains on when we left the camp spot and when we got home they hadnt drained. I had to keep poking a stick up the tubes to unclog them. took over 6 hrs to drain the tank. That and the pump filter keeps clogging with green nasty chit! And it stinks!

Whens a good time for you?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Has JEEP WAVE envy

777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP

I'll be around this Sunday. Work is picking up so Monday's are getting slim. Otherwise we will just have to play it by ear. When is you're GW trip?
Originally Posted by Hawgman
What Ford guy doesn't have a chip.... exhaust.... intake.... chrome plated cup holder.... driving lites on all the time...inflated ego...36 inch rubber.. naked lady mud flaps... trucker envy...
Old 04-10-2010, 11:01 AM
"I come in peace"

Im gonna try and bleach it again this weekend and see what happens.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:08 AM
'AKWALKSWITHCHUBBY'

AKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLP
AKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLP

truck can you get the tip of a hotsy in the top of the tank?(it will break the particles down small enough so they will wash out the drain), once you get it clean add a cap full of bleach each time you add water to keep it from coming back again...
Old 09-07-2012, 03:03 AM
Just Got Here

Coloradoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Just buy a new one it is easier sorry for the dissapointment
Old 09-08-2012, 09:05 AM
REBEL

ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP

Cant you drain the crud out the bottom of the tank? I usually drain the tank when not in use and havnt had the problem
Old 10-06-2012, 11:40 AM
"I come in peace"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradoman View Post
Just buy a new one it is easier sorry for the dissapointment
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBoy View Post
Cant you drain the crud out the bottom of the tank? I usually drain the tank when not in use and havnt had the problem
Got rid of the trailer and went with a Keystone Raptor. No tank issues to speak of now.

Thanks for the input...
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > REC TRAILERS / TOY HAULERS / MOTOR HOMES