Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > WATER SPORTS

Old 07-18-2011, 04:28 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six@38 View Post
Ah come on, post 'em up. Couldn't be any worse than this one.

No photo shop here. Just a camera guy trying to get a good shot with one of them there digital type cameras with the shutter delay deal that so many of them have.

Skiing buoys is over rated. They just get in the way of a good ski ride.

How'd that one feel?

Wife got a couple digger shots of me last time out...just got to get them off the camera.

I agree, I tried running bouys once. Went from lining turns and lovign life for as long as my arms held out to eating chit after 2 or 3 balls at 15' and 30. Forget that crap. I have never bit it as hard as when I tried to ski the course....then again I've never turned as hard either.

Proud member of the BCR Chit Box Brain Trust!!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:57 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

Had a great Sunday morning session. 8-10 skiers, two boats and glass. One guy from the Netherlands and a 75 year old skiing double boots.

Best part, after 6 years I got my wife behind a rope. Thanks to my friends coaching she got up and on her second pull she surprised us all and dropped!!!!

Pics tonight

Old 08-03-2011, 05:40 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

Mrs X getting some coaching and waiting to get going.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0149.jpg (57.7 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0150.jpg (51.7 KB, 69 views)

Old 08-03-2011, 05:43 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

She's up.

Then she is on one.

Then she is down and hooked!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0154.jpg (64.4 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0160.jpg (59.5 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0161.jpg (55.3 KB, 68 views)

Old 08-03-2011, 08:29 AM
"SECRET SERVICE"

intmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLP
intmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLP

HO CDX1 Double Animal

Old 08-04-2011, 07:08 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by intmid8or! View Post
HO CDX1 Double Animal

Nice 8or! Looks like you had some slack on that one.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:25 AM
"SECRET SERVICE"

intmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLP
intmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLP

playing catch up, yeah
Old 08-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Prospect

Six@38 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSix@38 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSix@38 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSix@38 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSix@38 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSix@38 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSix@38 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

X, tel Mrs. X nice job. Those wide skis are great for learning on. If she has any atheltic ability, which it appears she does, it will hold her back next year. Meaning they bounce quite a bit through the wakes. Put her on your ski and let her try that after she gets comfortable crossing the wakes.

intmid8or, I never had any luck riding one of Herb's designs until this latest Radar model. Which is a good one. I tried CDX more than one time and more than one length and just couldn't get it to work for me. It's a good ski for sure.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:45 PM
BCR's Souless Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six@38 View Post
X, tel Mrs. X nice job. Those wide skis are great for learning on. If she has any atheltic ability, which it appears she does, it will hold her back next year. Meaning they bounce quite a bit through the wakes. Put her on your ski and let her try that after she gets comfortable crossing the wakes.

intmid8or, I never had any luck riding one of Herb's designs until this latest Radar model. Which is a good one. I tried CDX more than one time and more than one length and just couldn't get it to work for me. It's a good ski for sure.
Yeah we talked about the fat boy skis on the drive home. Told her it would be great for learning but if she wanted to start going harder they sucked.

I do have an ASX Carbon which is a high end ski just shaped a bit different to be more forgiving and skied at 30-34 mph. Actually it is a great ski for free skiing.

I might be buying my cousins 2002 CDX this fall if he still wants to part with it. Only issue is I'd need new bindings and it is either 69 or 70 and I ride a 67. I dunno, is that added length gonna matter a ton for me not skiing the course? I have skied it quiet a bit actually and I have never had troubles with it so I think I might bite. 100 bucks for a setup that was damn near a grand when he bought it and rode it maybe 15 times isn't bad. I know there is newer tech out there but I won't be able to drop that kinda cash for a long damn time....to busy outfitting the wife and kids with water toys

Old 08-04-2011, 03:04 PM
"SECRET SERVICE"

how much ya weigh? 69-70 seems long, price is sweet though...