Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRAILERS / SLED DECK DISCUSSION

Old 04-12-2011, 07:14 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP

Love the design and work that you did, but...... man, for a shortbox with that much lift is kinda insane.
The toolbox integration tho is something I have never seen that way. Way cool!!!!!!!!

Wonder how hard it will be to access tho in the middle of winter? Keep us posted how well thing work for ya.

Term limits....
1 in office..... 1 in JAIL!!!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:58 PM

codyj86 Has earned a rub and tug from ARcodyj86 Has earned a rub and tug from ARcodyj86 Has earned a rub and tug from ARcodyj86 Has earned a rub and tug from ARcodyj86 Has earned a rub and tug from ARcodyj86 Has earned a rub and tug from ARcodyj86 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

NICE! Questions...
I kind of see how the sides are hinged, but how do they in the up position?
How deep are the storage bins? And why from the top not the sides? Can't get into them, if a sled in loaded...
Why not a 2 peice ramp or extendable?
and one more; how does the ramp hold on?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:58 AM
REBEL

buriedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from AR
buriedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
Love the design and work that you did, but...... man, for a shortbox with that much lift is kinda insane.
The toolbox integration tho is something I have never seen that way. Way cool!!!!!!!!

Wonder how hard it will be to access tho in the middle of winter? Keep us posted how well thing work for ya.
Thanks Bullfrog, it will be interesting to see how well it works next winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj86 View Post
NICE! Questions...
I kind of see how the sides are hinged, but how do they in the up position?
How deep are the storage bins? And why from the top not the sides? Can't get into them, if a sled in loaded...
Why not a 2 peice ramp or extendable?
and one more; how does the ramp hold on?
I made some bolts with a little handle on them and then tapped the flat bar that the hinge is made out of to keep them in the up position. I made the tool boxes 7 1/2" deep to keep them from hanging below the sides. I could have made them drawers that pulled out of the sides but I didn't really want to cut up the sides and it would have made for a lot of extra work. I can still get in them with a sled on all I have to do is slide the back end over. I wished I could have made the ramp longer or extendable but I used 3" channel to hold the ramp in place so there just isn't enough room. I used 3" to keep the deck height low. I have plans to make setup that attaches to the bottom of the ramp to help with loading on ice. The ramp has pins on the end that pin in some holes in the deck and the sides to keep it in place. Hopefully this answers some of your questions and thanks for the interest. I can always post more pictures of what ever you want just let me know.

Last edited by buriedxp; 04-13-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:07 AM
REBEL

Wade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLP
Wade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLP

OK, snowmobile track mud flaps, I've seen it all now.

Just installed a aluminum flatbed on my F350. Seriously trying to decide how to proceed from here.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:46 PM
REBEL

tim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from AR
tim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from ARtim Has earned a rub and tug from AR

my wife saw buriedxp truck the other day and she thought it looked badass. When you see buried's truck in person it is really well proportioned.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:17 PM
REBEL

buriedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from AR
buriedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from ARburiedxp Has earned a rub and tug from AR

thanks tim alot of hard work went into it to get it where it is now
Old 09-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Has JEEP WAVE envy

777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP

You did a real nice job Buriedxp. I like it....mudflaps too.
Originally Posted by Hawgman
What Ford guy doesn't have a chip.... exhaust.... intake.... chrome plated cup holder.... driving lites on all the time...inflated ego...36 inch rubber.. naked lady mud flaps... trucker envy...
Old 09-02-2011, 10:22 PM
REBEL

thanks I really like it. It works great for haulling atvs as well
Old 09-05-2011, 09:25 AM
REBEL

Wade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLP
Wade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLP

You ever get pulled over, and told to put a flag on the sled?

I wish my flatbed had a slot to hide a ramp, geeze that's nice. I've been toying with the idea of mounting the ramp in the stake pockets some how. Or, just buy a crane and mount it in the back.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:08 AM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
You ever get pulled over, and told to put a flag on the sled?

I wish my flatbed had a slot to hide a ramp, geeze that's nice. I've been toying with the idea of mounting the ramp in the stake pockets some how. Or, just buy a crane and mount it in the back.
Not yet the ramp underneath is the way to go, as for the crane idea I played that game and it's not ideal, way too much of a hassle IMO. I like to idea of the stake pocket ramps, it might be worth thinking about.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRAILERS / SLED DECK DISCUSSION