Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRUCK DISCUSSION

Old 03-09-2010, 09:44 AM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
Default My 74" Bronco build

Bit of history with this lil rig...
This was my step-dad's when I was a kid, always thought it was a cool ride. I recall going to get X-mas trees in Dec with it, back then it had a "tin can" metal top, NO insulation or sound deadening, like routing your exhaust on your sled to your helmet loud!!!!! Well, in fall of 89' he had to sell it, and boy was I pizzed!!!!! Luckily it stayed in my hometown and with a good friend of the family. I tried for years to get him to sell it, but... no dice.

Well 2 yrs ago he descided to sell it.... only after his shop caved in on it due to snow load. The damage wasn't too bad from what I could see initially, but... you guessed it.... way more farked up when I got into it, but still salvagable. Also thought hey... this could be a fun little project.... but as most projects go, time and $$ haven't been on my side. Sheet metal is still pretty strait considering what it's been thru.

Ford 302, 3 speed stick, stock suspension, 33" rubbers, 4X4, etc.

Here's the start of the pics and work done so far..... don't LOL too much at my handy work as this is my 1st real attempt at body work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1974 Bronco 004.jpg (70.0 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg 1974 Bronco 007.jpg (63.9 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg 1974 Bronco 005.jpg (57.2 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg 1974 Bronco 006.jpg (60.5 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg 1974 Bronco 009.jpg (53.4 KB, 150 views)

Term limits....
1 in office..... 1 in JAIL!!!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:08 AM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP

More pics... Interior was SHOT to he!!. Pulled the original floor mats out and floor pans were close to Fred Flinstone style So the chopping party begun. Along with windshield frame which was beyond repair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1974 Bronco 008.jpg (90.6 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0342.jpg (34.1 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0343.jpg (32.4 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0347.jpg (42.3 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0346.jpg (41.7 KB, 146 views)

Term limits....
Old 03-09-2010, 10:13 AM
I-Da-Azzhole

New floor pans ordered.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0348.jpg (40.5 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0344.jpg (31.0 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0349.jpg (36.5 KB, 145 views)

Term limits....
Old 03-09-2010, 10:16 AM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

Love it man! Would be awesome to have that kind of space!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:26 AM
I-Da-Azzhole

Eventually the rocker panels need to be replaced, but for now they can wait. I am not going for full-on restore, but more of a fishing, mountain cruiser, fun rig.
I have a 6pt roll cage kit to install, softop, new windshield frame and glass, diamond tread alum door panels, and other misc stuff on hand to put in. The door glass and frames will come later if I can find some, but who needs windows right
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0345.jpg (47.0 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0306.jpg (77.0 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0307.jpg (49.7 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0308.jpg (46.1 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0303.jpg (73.3 KB, 142 views)

Term limits....
Old 03-09-2010, 10:29 AM
I-Da-Azzhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
Love it man! Would be awesome to have that kind of space!
Thanks.... Only problem with having a big shop is..... more space=more junk to fill it lol

Term limits....
Old 03-09-2010, 11:05 AM
BCR STAFF

Adrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Adrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I love those old broncos my last build was a 69. when i got it it was just a tub and frame. spent 2 years building it. dropped a np435 granny tranny in it and up graded the front end to a Dana 44 also put in wild horse and currie 31 spline axles with Detroit lockers. 5 1/2 superlift suspension with 33x 15.50 super swampers and that meant adding power steering. you already have the best year with power steering and disc brakes. will make a great little rig when you get it done

Old 03-09-2010, 01:16 PM
REBEL

HillsRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARHillsRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARHillsRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARHillsRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARHillsRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARHillsRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARHillsRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARHillsRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARHillsRider Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Gotta like the old Broncos..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 030910.jpg (77.8 KB, 130 views)

If God hadn't banished Man from the Garden of Eden, the Sierra Club would have.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:00 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

Nice rigs fellas!!!! Now I know who to call when I need help thru this build

Term limits....
Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
BCR STAFF

Adrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Adrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from ARAdrenaline Junkey Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
Nice rigs fellas!!!! Now I know who to call when I need help thru this build
Absolutely
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRUCK DISCUSSION