Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS

SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS Forum dedicated to the single ski riders

Old 02-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Prospect

RudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from AR
RudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from AR

i ride trails

Cyclops Motorsports www.cyclopsmotorsports.com
Pro Model Helmets www.promodelhelmets.com
Boblbee Back Packs www.boblbee.com/us/default.asp
Flexx Handlebars http://www.fasstco.com/
TLKDPROD Graphic Kits

Canadian motorsport distributing
1-226-448-0060
Old 03-02-2010, 05:14 PM
REBEL

J&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Thumbs up new ski mods

Last year I had a simmons gen 2 mounted up with twin axis and I did not like it at all. I did not ride with it but one day and took it off. The problem I was having is it would wash out all the time in the powder when carving circles.

I sold it to scott (scram600). so I rode his hawk with my old ski at hawkfest this year and liked it, but I only rode it for a few minutes but worked good. He had it solid mounted too.

My new idea was 2 stock skis bolted together. I want twin axis for the trail cause even if I ride a mile on hard pack I want to be in control and not wasted when i get to the good stuff. So part 2 is a super simple twin axis lock up for use in the powder. Trying to keep it simple with no tools needed. So here is what I have come up with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2565.jpg (78.7 KB, 1000 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2566.jpg (64.4 KB, 991 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2567.jpg (75.1 KB, 991 views)
Old 03-02-2010, 05:17 PM
REBEL

J&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARJ&L Snowhawk Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default foot peg brackets

I used scotts footpeg brackets to move my pegs back 2 inches to make standup riding more comfy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2564.jpg (61.6 KB, 993 views)
Old 03-02-2010, 05:33 PM
REBEL

TLKD Has earned a rub and tug from ARTLKD Has earned a rub and tug from ARTLKD Has earned a rub and tug from ARTLKD Has earned a rub and tug from ARTLKD Has earned a rub and tug from ARTLKD Has earned a rub and tug from ARTLKD Has earned a rub and tug from ARTLKD Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Thumbs up

Loving the Twin-axis lock on that ! What a good & simple idea, way to go Les.
Liking the pink camouflage tones on the mag-side ski too !

How wide is it now, do you have snowtrackers somewhere inside or just on the outside ?

Last edited by TLKD; 03-02-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:48 PM
REBEL

Default ski size

the ski size is 11 inches across now. just like the stock ski with carbides and snowtracker on outside of ski.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2568.jpg (74.4 KB, 987 views)
Old 03-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Prospect

buffaloHAWK Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuffaloHAWK Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuffaloHAWK Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuffaloHAWK Has earned a rub and tug from ARbuffaloHAWK Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default girls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLKD View Post
Loving the Twin-axis lock on that ! What a good & simple idea, way to go Les.
Liking the pink camouflage tones on the mag-side ski too !

How wide is it now, do you have snowtrackers somewhere inside or just on the outside ?
looks like amy got ahold of the pink spray paint again!!!! overspray on everything....
Old 03-02-2010, 07:05 PM
REBEL

off road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from ARoff road rider Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Looks good Les! Great Idea! Ill try that on my gen 2
Old 03-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Prospect

RudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from AR
RudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from ARRudeAwakening Has earned a rub and tug from AR

let us know how that thing works on the trails Les

Cyclops Motorsports www.cyclopsmotorsports.com
Pro Model Helmets www.promodelhelmets.com
Boblbee Back Packs www.boblbee.com/us/default.asp
Flexx Handlebars http://www.fasstco.com/
TLKDPROD Graphic Kits

Canadian motorsport distributing
1-226-448-0060
Old 03-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Prospect

Thunderhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARThunderhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARThunderhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARThunderhawk Has earned a rub and tug from ARThunderhawk Has earned a rub and tug from AR

A new update on Bud's idea. Any one got pictures his to add to this thread?

Bud had sistered together a pair of skis, but the bottom had a different profile. This seems to duplicate the bottom profile of the stock ski, just with a different width.

I like Bud's ski in the powder as the width at 12" packed a better path for the track to ride through. However it wasn't so pleasant on the trials. Very manageable for the trial ride to the play area, but not for people that primarily ride trials.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Prospect

007_Hawk Has earned a rub and tug from AR007_Hawk Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Double wide snowhawk ski

I have been wishing somebody would make a new ski that was the same shape as the stock ski but double the width for floatation! Looks like you have done it just by mounting two stock ski's together. I like the way you have the simple lock up design too.

Please explain a little more how it works. Do you just slide those in for riding and they stay ok? And then out for the trail? Did you just cut the ski's off at the edge and then fabricate a square mount.

I know Bud has two regular sized Simmons he mounted together.

Thanks!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS