Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > OREGON

Old 04-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Prospect

89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR
89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR

hit the bottom and headed over, did a couple of quick marks on the face and headed up the left side. carved a nice sidehill up to the first set of trees. snow was soft, hard, bumpy and icy all within a 200 yard carve. got up to the end where you have to carve through the trees and got bucked off. no turning out, did a superman up to the trees where i could drag myself back up as i turned down to the next section. made some marks on mangina hill, was gonna highmark dougs by 30-40 feet but got bumped just where he starting turning out and was all i could do just to keep 10 feet above his. greg comes up last on the 600 and gets the line and marks us all easily. we all head down and gather up at the end of the lake. time for the adventure back down to the road. this last couple of miles is always the toughest, trees get ultra tight in places and drains everywhere. lets ride.

we take turns in front here, after a few minutes of bouncing side to side you wonder if you've totally lost your ability to find your way through. then you start following the next guys line and you think, where the he!! is he going got down in one drain and was fighting it back and fourth and had enough. decided it was time to make the pro earn its due. picked a line up the side and out. got started and had a small drop between two trees, hit it and sank to the boards. this wasn't gonna stop me, wiggled the boards and hit the gas and the pro clawed its way out! now its time to roll and carve up the bank. rolled, gassed, pulled up on one ski and carve out, priceless!!! so gregs behind me and doug hit the other side of the drain and heads down. greg really has no choice but to follow my line, he makes it through where i had to wiggle no problem. then he hits the roll and go spot, i'm watching as he gives the sled a test pull to see how its gonna roll. i'm thinking to myslef perfect, just what i would've done. so he rolls and goes and right up top with me, nice pull greg!!! so we decide to head back over to the other side and follow dougs line. would be pretty easy in this stuff to end up rolling your sled and get pinned underneath. so we come up to a creek where he had jumped across. i wish i would have got a pic, he jumped downhill, banged into the other bank and then somehow went between 2 trees you could barely fit through. ugh, so now i'm stopped 3 feet from the edge thinking once i hit the other side i'm gonna hit his trench and be in a tree. but theres no going back and greg mentions he thinks he sees the road from where we are. well i hit it, bang the other side and on the gas, hit the trench and just what i thought, right towards the tree. no problem, was already expecting this, off gas on brake and just kissed the tree. drug it back and out. greg did a little line improvement and hit it, made the creek, on the gas, bounced off the tree i kissed, up and out and carved right around the back of my sled. the road was another 20 yards!!!

so this is where we part ways. have pulled up to this spot before with other groups after a day in the trees and not been greeted with such enthusiasim. more like i've had more than enough and if i had a gun i'd shoot you so since i don't lets just go not today, hooting and hollering with smiles all around!!! we all had a awesome time and pulled lines that won't soon be forgotten, thats what i'm talking about great friends who can ride in a great place, it just doesn't get any better. the sun was setting as we said our goodbyes, was time to go, one last time, LETS RIDE...
Last edited by 89sandman; Yesterday at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Prospect

89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Old 04-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Prospect

got to make it quick this week, my internet keeps coming and going! was another great day of riding, pow was nice up higher. headed over to meet up with my group from the darkside. on the ride over noticed someone had hit the goat road, cool i thought i'll head up there and check the view and see if i can get someone on the radio. don't see very many tracks headed out that way, not many folks know whats out there. well except the few i've shown well go bangin up and right at the pinch point was a group of 3 skidoo riders and the first guy had farmed it right at the pinch i came pulling up and parked about 30 yards down trail, not a very friendly bunch they didn't even say hi but what else would you expect from doo riders guess maybe they were embarassed getting stuck there, thought to myself i wouldn't feel too bad a few years ago i might have got stuck in the same spot. they got moving and i hit the top and tried the radio again still no luck.

got back on the move and hit our meeting spot, my group was late so i had some time to check out the view. we finally got all together and headed up the hill. got 3/4 of the way up and had been going back and fourth. i was just following along enjoying the view. got the group all together and stopped by a bluff, tried to get a gps reading but couldn't get a good one. so i head over to get another reading in a better spot. guess my group didn't follow my line, stopped at the first good spot and got a reading. was only a few hundred yards from where i left them. thought i heard sleds fire up and head the other way. waited for about 10-15 minutes and no one showed went back to where my group was and they were gone??? so i guess i was left on my own, no problem there was an easy shot to where we were heading, took the direct route and got there 30-45 minutes ahead of my group.

we carved, highmarked and tore it up and then decided to head up higher. nice ride up straight to the top. got there and waited for awhile, thought maybe i'd been left to my own again when finally the rest of the group came trickleing in. pulled some awesome sidehills and great pulls. then it was time to head down. i rode clean up down and we missed the meeting spot, spent some time backtracking and finally got headed down the right direction. hit the bottom right at dark. a couple of our group had headed down earlier and said there was a group of cat riders that they thought had come from my side. i do want to give a big SHOUT OUT to probst for giving me some gas, i guess there are a few friendly doo riders the ping ponging on the way down had used up my safety margin of fuel for the ride home. would have been a scary ride back without it!!! said our goodbyes and i headed over to see if the other group was headed my way, cat guys are usually a friendly bunch

it was trex from here and a group of his buds, great group of guys, was nice meeting them! they were staying at lemolo and had seen my truck on the way out. stayed an bs'd with them awhile, was almost 9 and i needed to start heading back and get to a place where i could call and check in. made up a meeting place with them and told them if we met up i'd show them a shortcut or 2 back never too late to keep on riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got to my call place and checked in. waited a few for the other group, then headed to the truck. got there just after 10 and realized i hadn't ate all day so had some dinner. just as i was finishing loading trex's group went by headed back to lemolo. hit 138 right at 11pm. just over 12 hours on the snow, sweet...

Last edited by 89sandman; 04-12-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Prospect

Volcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Got a guy up this way that you ought to ride with. 100 miles is a short day for him...
Old 04-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Prospect

tell him to give me a shout, i'm always looking for riding partners. 100 mile day would be a lot, heck i think after a whole day in the trees we might get 50 miles, but what a great 50!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:58 PM
WHITEOUT MAGAZINE

WHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLP
WHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcano Buster View Post
Got a guy up this way that you ought to ride with. 100 miles is a short day for him...
You are too old for a 100 mile ride.....But if you had a Helmet Mask maybe you could do it?
FREE IN PRINT AND ONLINE

www.whiteoutmagazine.com
Old 04-14-2011, 03:40 AM
Prospect

too old kent??? heck i've got another 20 years at least before i hit my prime, lmfao!!! just ask any of my 4 grandkids, they'll tell ya' papa's a heck of a rider i just die my hair gray so i blend in with the snow better, what i dedicated rider i am

carve that sucker like a thanksgiving turkey!!!

the doo farmers

seems i parked my sled and can't find it, was by some trees and rocks, have you seen it???

does anyone go straight up a hill anymore???

had to stop here and take a shot of gerital...

Last edited by 89sandman; 04-14-2011 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:47 AM
WHITEOUT MAGAZINE

WHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLP
WHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLPWHITEOUT Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITEOUT View Post
You are too old for a 100 mile ride.....But if you had a Helmet Mask maybe you could do it?
100 miles where I ride is 200 on Mt St Helens........totally joking on the fact that he couldn't, I just can't get past the first play area.
FREE IN PRINT AND ONLINE

www.whiteoutmagazine.com
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > OREGON