Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA

Old 02-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Prospect

skidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default 2012/2013 Summit Lake / Paxson Conditions

Hey gang! Just joined. The final straw was not being able to read beyond the 20th post on the "other" site. It was a good run while it lasted -- almost 10 years for me.

What's the word on conditions at Summit? Headed there this weekend. Short track or long track snow???

Last edited by skidoer; 11-01-2012 at 02:26 AM. Reason: complaints
Old 02-11-2010, 02:21 AM
i dunno

icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR
icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR

sounds like it should be somewhere in between, I'll probably be down there friday, I'll let ya know.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Prospect

skidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoer Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Thanks, ICR. Have a great ride. Glad to see some old acquaintances here!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:36 PM
REBEL

Roadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Roadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I'm going down for a day ride on Sunday. They had some snow this week but I don't know how much. Hope to have the 700 done but I will take the 600 if I have to. It's time to ride. The next weekend I hope to do a three dayer at Summit.

I like beer.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:11 AM
Just Got Here

dmginc is an unknown quantity at this point

get some pictures too!
Old 02-13-2010, 03:37 PM
REBEL

Roadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Roadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoadtrip Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Summit haiku's

The soul awakens
My wife can do without me
and clutch belt explodes

Day trips are to short
But down to Summit I go
See you down there boys

Old 02-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Prospect

nytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Myself and Snowsquatch would like to go to summit but we have never been there not even for A-man could any of you give us direction as to where to go and or where to park?
Maybe I should ask something different. I get where the area is but is the parking just along side the road? Is there anything i should be looking out for out of the norm?

thank you

Last edited by nytroryder; 02-13-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:41 PM

Dr. Matt Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Matt Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Matt Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Matt Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Matt Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Matt Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Matt Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Matt Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Matt Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Matt Has earned a rub and tug from ARDr. Matt Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytroryder View Post
Myself and Snowsquatch would like to go to summit but we have never been there not even for A-man could any of you give us direction as to where to go and or where to park?
Maybe I should ask something different. I get where the area is but is the parking just along side the road? Is there anything i should be looking out for out of the norm?

thank you
After you pass Paxson the road will climb up in elevation and eventually you will see Summit Lake on your left. There are pull off's on the lake to park at but Arctic Man is on your right right near the end of the lake. It is not going to be plowed out but at the end of the lake the road will again begin to climb and just as you start up the hill there is a pullout on the right you can park at as well. This parking lot will be the closest to access to where A-man is held and the best riding is.

Oh and as you head back toward the hills straight away from Summit lake there will be a creek that will be open in places right before you get to the mountains.

Matt

Last edited by Dr. Matt; 02-13-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Just Got Here

dmginc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Matt View Post
After you pass Paxson the road will climb up in elevation and eventually you will see Summit Lake on your left. There are pull off's on the lake to park at but Arctic Man is on your right right near the end of the lake. It is not going to be plowed out but at the end of the lake the road will again begin to climb and just as you start up the hill there is a pullout on the right you can park at as well. This parking lot will be the closest to access to where A-man is held and the best riding is.

Oh and as you head back toward the hills straight away from Summit lake there will be a creek that will be open in places right before you get to the mountains.

Matt
he is coming from fai, it will be on his left, should not be too had to hook up with some one headed down that way. look for the trailers going south.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Prospect

Just got back from Summit. Yesterday was a blue bird day, today not so much. Snow has firmed up in a lot of places. Pockets of good powder still ready to be violated if you go hunting. Some rocks/gravel on the main trails. The tit was a piece of cake -- could probably finagle a short track up to it with a little finesse. Pipeline is a highway. Watch for caribou! Turn off trail to Paxson is very well marked this year (new signs). Great base everywhere now. Need another 3' before A-M to top it off!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA