Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > UTAH

Old 12-12-2009, 07:38 PM
AVALANCHE EXPERT

AvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from AR
AvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Just got back from up top. It was a blizzard by the "Big Drift" parking lot and South Skyline, so we turned around and went North Skyline instead. Parked at the Gooseberry parking lot and rode the road out a ways. Some places had enough, other placed didn't. Some spots were just dirt on the road where the wind had taken all the snow off, but we found a few little meadows that had plenty so we tore them up for a while. Found a couple drifts along the road too and got a little taste of busting through some soft stuff. I'd say we still need another 2 feet at least before I'll feel comfortable heading out in the boonies. We didn't hit any rocks today, but we were within 100 yards of the road the entire time. Man I'm gettin excited!
www.SnowBigDeal.com
1-877-SNOW-BIG - Toll Free
1-435-462-7667 - Direct

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL U.S. ORDERS!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:00 PM
REBEL

m_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLP
m_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLPm_beeson Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalancheSafetyDude View Post
Just got back from up top. It was a blizzard by the "Big Drift" parking lot and South Skyline, so we turned around and went North Skyline instead. Parked at the Gooseberry parking lot and rode the road out a ways. Some places had enough, other placed didn't. Some spots were just dirt on the road where the wind had taken all the snow off, but we found a few little meadows that had plenty so we tore them up for a while. Found a couple drifts along the road too and got a little taste of busting through some soft stuff. I'd say we still need another 2 feet at least before I'll feel comfortable heading out in the boonies. We didn't hit any rocks today, but we were within 100 yards of the road the entire time. Man I'm gettin excited!
Glad you got your ride in.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:29 PM

Fat is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone been up there lately?
Old 01-10-2010, 09:29 AM

HMFIC is an unknown quantity at this point

Some good vids and pics from up there. Looks like they have/had some great snow up there.

http://www.sledswestforum.com/forum/...=24&p=505#p505
Old 01-11-2010, 02:58 PM
AVALANCHE EXPERT

AvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from ARAvalancheSafetyDude Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Hit it again on Saturday (9th) and it was pretty good. No new powder in the last several days, but it was still soft on top. It's been pretty cold up there for a while so it hasn't gotten crusty yet. We still need a lot of snow though. Gotta be real careful and watch for rocks. Hit quite a few just under the surface.
www.SnowBigDeal.com
1-435-462-7667 - Direct

Old 03-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Just Got Here

SnowBigDeal is an unknown quantity at this point

Fairview was EPIC last weekend!

Here's some video of it to prove it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRi7l0TykOE
Old 03-16-2010, 11:10 AM
AVALANCHE EXPERT

Snow was pretty crusty yesterday up Fairview. We got a good storm this weekend (probably around 1' at least), but I think it was too wet and froze overnight. I was expecting some awesome powder and headed up after work (i love daylight savings!) only to hit crusty snow
www.SnowBigDeal.com
1-435-462-7667 - Direct

Old 04-21-2010, 11:32 AM
AVALANCHE EXPERT

We hit fairview yesterday. Snow was slush, but it was still a good time. We parked at the "big drift" parking lot and rode down across huntington res. then up Lake Canyon and then south to Rolfson, Staker, and Jordan. It was a nice spring ride. Snow is melting FAST up there, so you better get up there and get some riding in while you still can.
www.SnowBigDeal.com
1-435-462-7667 - Direct

Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Banned

mps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLP
mps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonman View Post
Can I get in on this fairview ride.
How's the snow down there?
Dude your avatar and your location statement really freak me the hell out! wow!

Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > UTAH