Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS

SLED HEADS General Sled Chat

Old 12-30-2014, 02:40 PM
Prospect

TheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from AR
TheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Pro Armor Tether Clip

Thought I'd share this with you guys for anyone running a Pro Armor tether kill switch to see if there is any potential interest. As you may know the plastic clip at the end of the tether can be a weak point. Depending on where on your sled you have the kill switch mounted, the clip can break if it gets pulled perpendicular the t-handle. In extremely cold conditions, it seems like the plastic becomes brittle and susceptible to failure if not pulled straight out. I have broken a couple of the clips when I dismounted my sled in an over-the-bars fashion. Pro-Armor doesn't sell replacement clips, so you have to buy the complete kill switch.
My dad works in a precision machine shop, so I sent him one of the original plastic clips as a pattern, and had him machine me some clips made out of aluminum. He just sent them back to me, so I haven't had a chance to try them out in the field, but they seem to fit snugly enough that they won't fall out unintentionally, and yet pull out smoothly enough to release if you are separated from your sled.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:42 PM
REBEL

Snowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I want one.
How are you reattaching the new clip?
Old 12-30-2014, 02:45 PM
Prospect

TheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from ARTheHardWay Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I plan on peeling back the vinyl cover, splitting the aluminum ferrule, putting the new clip in, then securing with a new ferrule.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:49 PM
REBEL

Snowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnowmow Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Ok. Hell yeah... I want a couple!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Just Got Here

ripalip2 is an unknown quantity at this point

sign me up
Old 01-08-2015, 04:02 PM
"Sheep Slaying, Tester"

CoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from AR
CoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from ARCoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from ARCoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from ARCoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from ARCoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from ARCoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from ARCoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from ARCoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from ARCoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from ARCoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from ARCoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from ARCoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from ARCoryHinsz Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I designed that kill switch for ATV racing and never had the sled industry in mind. That sucks about the clip.

Just so everybody knows, that clip should work on the Polaris version, too. It is a direct copy of, if not a Pro Design. That should broaden your market.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHinsz View Post
I designed that kill switch for ATV racing and never had the sled industry in mind. That sucks about the clip.

Just so everybody knows, that clip should work on the Polaris version, too. It is a direct copy of, if not a Pro Design. That should broaden your market.
Good to know.
I am in the process of having a handful of the aluminum clips made in case anyone else is interested. I plan on including a replacement ferrule with each clip, and will try to figure out what the cost shipped to you will be.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:58 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Tried any 3D-printed clips?
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 01-08-2015, 08:48 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHardWay View Post
Good to know.

I am in the process of having a handful of the aluminum clips made in case anyone else is interested. I plan on including a replacement ferrule with each clip, and will try to figure out what the cost shipped to you will be.

Gimmie Gimmie
Old 01-09-2015, 07:34 AM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
Tried any 3D-printed clips?
I have not. I haven't had any experience with 3D printers yet. I'd be interested to see how they turn out, but they would still be plastic, wouldn't they?
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS