Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA

Old 03-01-2017, 06:46 AM
Prospect

c-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from AR
c-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default 800 CFI fix kit

I'm not talking about a long rod kit, but replacement pistons/top end. A long rod might be over budget right now.

Ok, I already sent a message to Chad, but I want to hear first hand feedback from other AK riders.

Who's is working well? Choices seem to be Kelsey's, Indy Dan's, MCB, MTNTK, Bikeman, etc... the list goes on.

I know Kelsey and Dan differ on their approach but most others with the spacer seem to be similar.

Im sure the top end is destroyed, and MCB has a kit with an exchange cylinder. I've no idea if the bottom end is destroyed as well.

Anyways...what say you...

12 Assault 800 btw...
Old 03-01-2017, 06:58 AM

hmbrewak is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm running the kit from Chad and it's holding up great I swapped my top end with him as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Prospect

Sheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Buy chads kit.
Its a spacer, bolts and cast pistons.

Stay away from the forged pistons.

I've been involved in 12-14 800cfi rebuilds.
Fwiw
Old 03-01-2017, 10:51 PM
Prospect

akmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I had the Sno-X kit from chad. Installed it myself. Lost both pistons and cylinder about 300 miles after rebuild. Was it me? Possibly. Zach at peninsula powersports down here said he has seen 3 other sno-x kits (not installed by him) come in blown this season with low miles. He sold 3 different Sno-x kits a while back, installed himself, and 2 came back bad, so he quit selling them.

Love Chads stuff and he stands behind his work so take my word for what it is.

Zach put my sled back together with the Bikeman kit this time. Except for hitting the DET sensor a couple times it ran great for 45 miles today. Time will tell.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:38 AM
Prospect

c-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from AR
c-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from ARc-bolt Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Roger that. Thanks for the advice so far. I've read a few reports on the snow-x pistons that have had issues too. Did you measure piston to wall clearance before assembly? Did you have any Det issues with the other kit? I've read a few have had issues with the det sensor on the bikeman kit too.

Maybe it's all a wash. Lol.

I'm new to this Polaris stuff, but I'll tear into it when I get back from Belize.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Prospect

akmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from ARakmclean Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I didn't check piston to to wall clearance, but I did check ring end gap. I had the cylinder honed as well. Never had DET issues and it ran great until the day it blew.

I have about 100 miles on the Bikeman kit and it is running strong.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Prospect

Rick@PhillipsRec Has earned a rub and tug from ARRick@PhillipsRec Has earned a rub and tug from ARRick@PhillipsRec Has earned a rub and tug from ARRick@PhillipsRec Has earned a rub and tug from ARRick@PhillipsRec Has earned a rub and tug from ARRick@PhillipsRec Has earned a rub and tug from ARRick@PhillipsRec Has earned a rub and tug from ARRick@PhillipsRec Has earned a rub and tug from ARRick@PhillipsRec Has earned a rub and tug from ARRick@PhillipsRec Has earned a rub and tug from ARRick@PhillipsRec Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Most every "fix kit" I've ran doesn't really seem to "fix" anything, you will gain a little power from the extra case volume, but Ive had some of pretty much every different brand make it less than 300 miles, we went through 5 BMP kits a couple years ago and not one made it 600 miles, the kits with SPI pistons make it from 200-600 miles typically, sno-x kits are a little better than SPI. Honestly I've had best luck running Wiseco pistons, at least they won't normally break a skirt. I say normally, because it used to be never but I have a customer with one we did 300 miles ago with Wiseco pistons and he just broke both skirts off. None of these kits fix an existing problem, and as many oil pump and injector issues as the Pro has make sure you cover all of those bases before just throwing a kit in that doesn't actually fix anything thinking it will fix something.

just my 2 cents

Aftermarket/performance/clothing/service/rapair
Custom work/welding/fabrication/turbo's/tuning/all brands

We carry most all of the best product lines out there.
We also use everything we sell so we know it works.

Also we are now carrying Torco Race fuels and if we don't have the octane you need I can get it for you.

www.facebook.com/PhillipsRecreation
Old 03-07-2017, 03:44 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

I let insurance deal with it and bought a new one.
SPI's in summer of '14, 95.0 hrs, 1469 miles, after a cracked cylinder skirt.

194.7 hrs, 2944 miles... boom. (Lots of stuff contrib'd to the destruction of this machine though.)
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 03-13-2017, 12:33 AM
Just Got Here

Akassault is an unknown quantity at this point

I installed a mntk kit 5 years ago in my 09 assault, and after around 1500 miles of abuse it still runs just as well as day one. This sled had 3 new monoblocks under warranty before that.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA