Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS

SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS Forum dedicated to the single ski riders

Old 01-23-2017, 11:28 AM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Engine set up

There seems to be so many different ways to set these machines up so I thought why not get what's under the hood posted .

Engine : 800 HO
Drop in kit : RK Tek pistons /heads , MPEM re-curve
Ski-Doo marine grade mineral oil
Main jet : 330
Pilot : 20
Elevation : 0 - 5000
Intake : Rage Cage
Y-Pipe : BMP
Exhaust : Jaws - has to be rapped for cold weather over the hood deep snow
Primary : P-Bloc 50 with ring gear
Spring : 160 - 320
Weights : total of 3 large / 3 thin (mass)
Secondary :Team 98 Twin Trax
Spring : Red Dark Blue 140-200
Helix : 54-42 .46 / 54 - 40 .46
RPM : 2850 - 8450 Trail Tech pings off of 8650 under a load
TLS : Gates Eliminator 1280-8M-60E

I would be just asking for it running WO across a lake in sub zero weather with this set up , skid has no less that 20,000 miles .
This is my set up , and in no way would I advise it . Meaning I'm not responsible for anyone nuking their machine

Last edited by Hawkster; 02-12-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:59 PM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Been a couple of years since I've wrapped the pipe but last week it was in the single digits and the snow was plenty that at times the Vapor didn't read engine temp and the pipe fell on it's face blubbering .
It's worse than a crappy day at work .
At least I don't have to worry about any carbon build up affecting thee harmonics in the Y-pipe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170126_181900119.jpg (38.4 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170126_180008992.jpg (20.5 KB, 119 views)
Old 02-03-2017, 11:09 AM

NEWDUCK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNEWDUCK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNEWDUCK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNEWDUCK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNEWDUCK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNEWDUCK Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Is the belt you run tight when you put it on?
Old 02-03-2017, 11:31 AM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWDUCK View Post
Is the belt you run tight when you put it on?
Do you mean is the Gates any longer or shorter ?

It's the same length and it's a tight fit before putting the tension to it .

This belt is strong , set it once with the gates belt tension tool and I've checked it and can't tell if it's stretched , two engine rebuilds on it .
Old 02-03-2017, 12:39 PM

NEWDUCK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNEWDUCK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNEWDUCK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNEWDUCK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNEWDUCK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNEWDUCK Has earned a rub and tug from AR

We just broke one in half. Maybe had 40-50 miles on it. Super tight getting it on. Was told if snow gets in the cog it snaps them when they are that tight. The gates Belt seemed like a harder compound than the oem one.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:42 PM
REBEL

No way ? Did you have the proper tension ? Even if it was to tight I think it would probably tear the bearing out , That belt and bottom pulley grind ice chunks to powder. Something else must be wrong for that to happen ?

You gotta stop hanging around those guys , they can break an anvil
Old 02-04-2017, 08:45 AM

We just eyeballed proper tension ha. It was tight enough we had to tap it on gently with a hammer. We just got some from vbelt supply. 45$ a belt I think is what it was. Its a softer compound. At that price we dont mind breaking one to give it a try.

Oh the carnage in that group is well worth the good times. Just last week they broke a new clutch on an 850 and bent the crank so bad it wouldnt run haha. Dang trees.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:49 AM
REBEL

LOL , sounds like a couple of local guys up here . The gates feel like it would crack if you put a fold in it , the cogs feel like wax , doesn't grip . Any idea what that softer belt was intended for ?
Old 02-07-2017, 10:16 AM

The horsepower of a 600 ho I hope. I really have no idea what the original use was intended for but it seems like a winner so far. We will get some real miles on it sunday hoepfully
Old 02-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Prospect

redneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from AR

1800-2200 ft
410 mains
12.5 pilots
snowhawk needles and factory height
Non ethanol 91 octane w Amsoil dominator 40:1
2006 800 ho with summit head
Jaws GEN 2 pipe & can
Aftermarket y pipe
Vforce 3 reeds
Wiseco 2 ring pistons
Rk tech mpem remap

Tra 3
417 ramps
160/230 spring
15 gr pin weight
Clicker 3

Team TIED secondary
59 str helix
Red/black spring 140/240

Rpm 7950-8100 on koso tach/temp/egt digital guage
Strong engine braking

Stock secondary drive
Run TLS tight as shit

136 stock track.
Stock ski

Any improvements or suggestions will be gladly accepted and appreciated! I have a box full of wasted money/priceless experience (clutch parts)

Last edited by redneck_raser; 02-12-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS