Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRUCK DISCUSSION

Old 11-07-2016, 12:50 PM
REBEL

ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
Default Anyone know anything about 2013 chev DEF systems?

I got an alert on my dash saying to "service diesel exhaust fluid system" see manual now. Then it went on to say 90 miles to 65mph max speed. Well I was in the hills hunting and by the time I got home I have 40 miles to 4mph max speed. I have an appointment with dealer in the morning just wondering if anybody has gone thru this. Grrr I hate some of this crap!!
Old 11-07-2016, 03:02 PM
REBEL

BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Low level or def sensor crapped out maybe. Just delete it!
Old 11-07-2016, 04:08 PM
PIMP

Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP
Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP

My guess it would be a NOX sensor that failed.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:22 PM
REBEL

ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP

Expensive????
Old 11-07-2016, 07:38 PM
REBEL

BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Find someone with a code reader, google search exact code. Good start.

My 2012 cummins just had the dpf O2 wiring harness and sensors replaced(under waranty). If no warranty its not cheap if dealer does it, 02 sensors arent bad from napa.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:58 AM
PIMP

Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP
Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBoy View Post
Expensive????
Possibly a warranty issue.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:04 AM
REBEL

Got over 100k on mileage unless there are some extended warranty on some years I have found just not sure on mine. Should find out today I took it into the dealer today. Uhg this is my getting work done rig and using the wifes BRZ just aint gonna cut it
Old 11-08-2016, 11:22 AM
PIMP

If you are over a 100k, delete that thing!
Old 11-08-2016, 11:57 AM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Wink

Hmmm, sensors mentioned. Probably the sensor just acts as a variable resistance (potentiometer) that the ECU is monitoring for fluid level. Would seem easy enough for a quick experiment with a "pot" to see what resistance value will keep the ECU "happy" forever.
Of course this is JUST an 'experiment', and we wouldn't want to do anything to upset the Democrats or EPA.

Scientific purposes only. Can I get a "harumph"on that ??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY

Last edited by Snowizard; 11-08-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:19 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special B View Post
If you are over a 100k, delete that thing!
Who and how does that happen?
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRUCK DISCUSSION