Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS

SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS Forum dedicated to the single ski riders

Old 02-14-2017, 01:38 PM

Jens Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
Nahh , just putting in a 154 Peak 2.5 that's going on a slim fast diet .
Nice! i was thinking about the peak track before buying the challenger extreme. Can you write a report about the peak track after testing?
Old 02-14-2017, 04:22 PM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Can do , it has rave reviews on how it shovels the snow to the center of the track to climb up on but the other thing that is hard to find is a track that can hold screws . For me they are a must , the machine can be ridden more aggressively even if the good snow has some what of a crust it makes a difference . Currently I do not have them in the existing track and I can hop on the 503 that does and out maneuver the 800 , that's pathetic even though it's a good runner .
Old 02-25-2017, 02:03 PM
Prospect

Sjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default drivers

Quote:
Just got these , should control the track drifting besides ease of dropping it .
I have the same track I was going to install. where did you get the drivers? is there enough clearance in the tunnel or did you drop and roll?
Old 02-26-2017, 03:26 AM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

They are Avid drivers , you have more than one to choose from .

2 mm difference and what was important to me is the diameter is so close that it does not change the gearing .

Stock 2.52 9 tooth 183 mm

Avid 2.86 8 tooth 185 mm
Old 03-01-2017, 01:20 PM

Been riding in some sweet deep snow up in the arctic circle. Still haven't gotten stuck yet!

Rode with my brother and a friend with a 800 hawk.

The Yeti ski is awesome. But as someone has pointed out. Its really nasty on super hard icy snow, especially when climbing, when the ski lifts it needs to be straight when touching down again. Or it will ripp your arms off like Chewbacca from Star wars. Riding on flat ground is not as bad as climbing as long as you keep the ski down on the ground in those conditions. On pure ice. Its more confidence-inspiring then the TS-ski. Will grind down center skag a bit as Roo and Hawkster recommended.

The tmotion is fantastic. Riding two days without getting tired!! With stock suspension you need to use more body language to ride. Its a big difference at the end of the day!
Nice to compare with other hawks switching seats. 30 minutes on a stock hawk in the trees feels like half a day on my hawk physically speaking. No joke!!

Also. I must say that all the talk of engine and clutching on hawks seem kinda overrated now. The suspension is the biggest performance uppgrade togheter with the ski. What i mean is that you get more of the power down to the ground with a different skid compared to stock , it gets on top of the snow faster and gives alot more speed as a result. 600 or 800 stock skid in deep snow. Both trenches without picking up speed.

Did a short dragrace on a swamp against a 137" 600 and a 146" 800. And my hawk was 2 sled lenghts ahead at the end. Getting on top of the snow faster gives alot more speed.
Of course the advantage would be in softer snow conditions. Hardpacked is another story. But who rides these things on hard trail for top speed runs anyways?

Doing tree riding and sidehilling. Turning upwards and pulling the trigger from sidehilling without room to build speed. That advantage is unreal. Power up instantly and shooting you up and beyond without hesitation. Been trying all sorts of stupid moves that would have rendered me stuck 99% of the times just thinking about them on a stock hawk.

Wanted to give some more input after riding. I have lowered the forks to get more ski pressure today. Washing out in the soft snow a bit to much. Going to testride to see the difference i can also shorten the limiterstraps a notch to see if it will do anything more. The hawk really climbs on top really good already, so improving that some more or still be able to lift the ski a bit may be better for tight riding tough choices..
Old 03-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Prospect

roo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Good to hear.
This is pretty much the same way i feel about the suspension i built.
I am still trying to get it dialed in on the choppy stuff/ whooped out roads (even though it works pretty damn good in those conditions), but as soon as i get off the trail i dont care because it works so much better than stock. Has completly changed my riding style.
Sounds like yours as well!!!!
Nice work!
Old 03-22-2017, 12:15 PM
REBEL

So much for giving you a report on how this track works in stock form , final cuts will be done with the skid for clearance and screws .

I feel sorry for the fool that crosses behind this one without the snow flap on .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170320_153518044.jpg (32.8 KB, 77 views)
Old 03-25-2017, 10:37 AM

Looks really good Hawkster! you must do a review on it after riding with it!!!
Old 03-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Prospect

Sjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from ARSjr55049 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
So much for giving you a report on how this track works in stock form , final cuts will be done with the skid for clearance and screws .

I feel sorry for the fool that crosses behind this one without the snow flap on .
how wide did you go?
Old 03-27-2017, 11:12 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjr55049 View Post
how wide did you go?
Went with 12 3/4 , played it safe , it weighs in at 48.8 pounds .
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS