Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 07-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Just Got Here

1997formula583 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 1997 formula 583,I need help for a radar run setup base

Hi I have a 1997 formula 583 rotax (rave) that I would like to set up for radar runs. I have only done A few things to the engine and suspension so far, and am looking for other peoples opinion on how to make more power and also get more top end speed. So far the mods that I have done would be I have bored the engine over ( I have inherited this sled and I believe it is .030 over) and it also has a carbon fiber rotary valve ( also not sure on the exact model number for that). but the primary clutch has 280 ramps in it at the moment but I am thinking about buying cf1 ramps for it, the spring would be a blue purple wich would be 130 pounds at engagement and 260 and full shift. at the moment this makes the sled launch hard and fast. for the suspension the front and rear are both at stock height but I am going to be lowering them by 6 to 8 inches, for the front stock shocks and springs right now. but the rear I have a 600 mxz suspension all stock with 141mm idlers. also the gearing was changed but I am not sure about that either. also its now has 40mm carbs on, also needs a little help there. right now it seams to boge for the first 1/4 throttle could this be changed by the idle air screw or would it need to be jetted. thanks in advance for the help
Old 07-06-2016, 09:50 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

If it's for top speed, hole shot is not needed so a soft hit is fine. If running against others at the same time, head to head, then hole shot is key. Can't help with the rotary set up. Check with dynamo joe on the internet.

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO