Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > ATV / UTV

Old 03-12-2016, 05:23 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
Default Can Am Commander Max XT info

Looking at a new rig to replace the Ranger Crew. Leaning toward the new 2016 Commander Max XT 4 seater 1000cc. Love the idea of a large DUMP bed vs the dinky lil Polaris RZR bed. I still like the Rangers but its time for something different. Seen one pimped out ride at Expo and really like the fit, finish, and details of it. Just never been around Can Am and would like some pros and cons of the rig.

Thing was damn comfortable sitting in it. The dash layout and ergo's of the whole thing were nice. Back seat had more leg room than RZR 4 and as mentioned the bed. Also the lower bed storage area was a nice bonus. Pricing seems about the same so just wondering about motor, axles, clutching, etc.

Thanks

Term limits....
1 in office..... 1 in JAIL!!!!!
Old 03-13-2016, 12:57 AM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I don't know much about the can am.but I am still in love with my ranger 900 with 9700 miles on it. I looked at can am when I bought my ranger and they stressed about being in low gear when climbing hill or loading on a trailer or it will burn a belt so I bought the ranger. If I were you take a look at the general 1000, it's only a 2 seater now but I would suspect the 4 seater will be out around June. It's a cross between a ranger and a rzr
Old 03-13-2016, 09:58 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP

My only issue with the General is its base price is only $500 less for a 2 seater rig than the Can-Am 4 seater base price. Commander Max XT compared to the General EPS Premium. Can only imagine what the price of the 4 seater is when they come out.

Style wise and utility wise yes the General is a nice rig. Still comparing and weighing options but overall the Can Am seems to be winning out right now.

Term limits....
Old 03-16-2016, 02:14 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

Welp.... after a week of research and not finding anything really negative about the rig I went for it. Good compromise in sport and utility in one rig.

Commander Max XT 1000
Dealer treated me better than any dealer I've ever been to!!!! Jason Hurd at Island Park Adventures rocks!! Highly recommended!!!!!

Overall a very nicely put together rig. Seats are unbelievably comfortable. Storage is pretty good with the "trunk" under the bed and access to it is nice too with the removable panel in the bed or thru the door under the tailgate. The bed itself is not that much smaller than my old Ranger so really didn't lose much there.

Gained BIG in HP..... 42hp to 85hp!!!! Glad it comes with the WOT 60+mph key and the "kids" 45mph key Can even get a 25mph key to really piss off the kids

Now to get it out as soon as the snow leaves and put it thru the paces. Heater kit, rear window, and rock sliders on order.

Term limits....
Old 03-17-2016, 08:44 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Nice lookin unit frogger.. that's going to make one hell of a camping/exploring rig.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 03-17-2016, 09:38 AM
Chronic Basketcase

numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Wow! Nice BF. I see what looks like Maxxis Bighorns on it as a stock tire...NICE!! Theres a guy Ive been in contact with here locally thats selling that exact wheel setup off of his CanAm. Wants $500 for the set, kinda scraped up, but I cant get him to break the tires separately. Want the Bighorns for my atv.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:33 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

Got the Bad Dawg side mirrors, rock sliders, heater, Amazon cheapie Cree LED bar, rear bumper and trunk bumper, and back window installed. Sliders really give it a nice look and give pretty good protection. And the heater..... oh good gawd why did I not get one installed on my old Ranger????? Makes life so much more comfortable on cold rides!!!!!

Term limits....
Old 05-03-2016, 11:16 AM
I-Da-Azzhole

The BRP stereo system and the Wet Sounds Stealth 6 sound bar that was installed was just not working together at all. If and when you could get the sound bar to link with the head unit it would cancel out any and all mid to low sounds in the other speakers and only send the highs to everything. Pretty much giving you 10 tweets. Crazy screaming and ear ringing noise. Dealer was great and refunded all $$ on that system and we started over.

SSV Works WP series system. 8 overhead 6.5" speakers, bluetooth/Ipod/am fm head unit, and 10" powered sub. Holy smokes she is crystal clear and great sound. Very clean install and dam fine finish on the speaker boxes. Comes preloaded with amps and speakers so it is pretty simple plug and play. Does require removing the roof and some time to route wires clean but not all that hard to do. Had my buddy that has built systems for yrs help me out.

Term limits....
Old 05-06-2016, 06:13 AM
Just Got Here

sandra18brown18 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have this same commander Max. I am curious if u have a dual battery set up?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2016, 10:05 AM
I-Da-Azzhole

No dual battery yet. Thinking I will tho with this stereo system using lots of juice. I have seen where peeps put the 2nd one in the lower bed compartment or under the drivers seat. Going to run it for a bit with stock battery for now and see.
How long have you had your Max? Any issues with it?

320 miles on mine so far and only issue is the screaming rear diff. Doing a fluid change with Redline full synthetic on it soon and hope it helps.

Term limits....
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > ATV / UTV