Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > CAR DISCUSSION

Old 11-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Chronic Basketcase

numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Motor Flush products?

Looking to do a massive internal motor flush on a 4 cyl gas (FI) motor. This motor has been deprived of required oil changes & is sludged up something terrible. Burning oil due to gummed piston ring seals from what Ive been getting from forums on the model. I got some good advice from a fellow mechanic on how his shop would approach this issue, looking for advice. He suggested warming the motor to operating temp, yanking the plugs, & pouring a Seafoam or similar motor flush into each cylinder (roughly a cup measurement) & letting it soak for a day or 2, followed by 2-3 motor oil flushes with a decent flushing product like seafoam. Seems like a good Idea, what are the thoughts on this? I changed the oil as soon as I got it home, ran it for 15 mins,& it was black as coal again. What kind of luck has the majority had with available flushing products out on the market?
Old 11-25-2015, 09:33 AM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP

Used an Amsoil motor flush in a 77 Chevy 350 a number of yrs ago. They recommended the flush before I did the full synthetic oil swap. The shit that came out of there was unreal. Swore it was 60 yr old 80/90 wt gear oil. After that and the Amsoil change my fuel milage actually increased quite a bit. After that it was normal oil changes and good filter and the motor ran great.

Term limits....
1 in office..... 1 in JAIL!!!!!
Old 11-25-2015, 10:27 AM
Chronic Basketcase

numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
Used an Amsoil motor flush in a 77 Chevy 350 a number of yrs ago. They recommended the flush before I did the full synthetic oil swap. The shit that came out of there was unreal. Swore it was 60 yr old 80/90 wt gear oil. After that and the Amsoil change my fuel milage actually increased quite a bit. After that it was normal oil changes and good filter and the motor ran great.
I have used Amsoil flush in the past when I ran it in the diesel. Worked OK, but really didnt get it all out. May do the trick being its 4 qts compared to 15! LOL!!
Old 11-25-2015, 11:21 AM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 11-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Chronic Basketcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post

Dont you have a dishwasher?? LMAO!!
Old 11-26-2015, 10:56 AM
REBEL

CatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from AR
CatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbnuts View Post
Looking to do a massive internal motor flush on a 4 cyl gas (FI) motor. This motor has been deprived of required oil changes & is sludged up something terrible. Burning oil due to gummed piston ring seals from what Ive been getting from forums on the model. I got some good advice from a fellow mechanic on how his shop would approach this issue, looking for advice. He suggested warming the motor to operating temp, yanking the plugs, & pouring a Seafoam or similar motor flush into each cylinder (roughly a cup measurement) & letting it soak for a day or 2, followed by 2-3 motor oil flushes with a decent flushing product like seafoam. Seems like a good Idea, what are the thoughts on this? I changed the oil as soon as I got it home, ran it for 15 mins,& it was black as coal again. What kind of luck has the majority had with available flushing products out on the market?
Seafoam fuel syst cleaner, can states it can go in crank case and does clean well. Use thin viscoss oil for the carrior duche, as it will thicken up with the scank out. While at it put it in the fuel system at the same time.
(2 birds with 2 cans and then it all gets flushed same time)- then the new keeper oil at recommended vis!
I use SF as a fuel stabilizer also.

Team Frosty Fro
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > CAR DISCUSSION