Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRUCK DISCUSSION

Old 11-01-2015, 11:57 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Default Studded winter tires for bigger pickups

Have 285/70R17 on the truck now... I can go bigger, I would like to go bigger.
305's fit no-issues, 315's fit but rub a little on the front fender with the suspension compressed (not too worried about it).

Want winter studdable tires.

Looks like Duratrac's are about the best option?

Going with 285's opens up a few more options if I have to go that route.

Any suggestions, other tires to look at?
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 11-02-2015, 01:02 AM
REBEL

BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Im die hard Michelin but my buddy has been running these(studded) past 2 winters with promise. These come as "studdable" tires.
http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light...-S-T-MAXX.aspx
Old 11-02-2015, 03:25 AM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

Toyo M/T's are tough to beat for a snow and ice tire. Have them siped as well and they are totally amazing.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:37 AM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

nitto tara grappler, have studded them in the past but dont anymore as the diesels are hard on the studs and break them off
Old 11-02-2015, 10:48 PM
REBEL

BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Recently priced some 33/12.5/15's around $800 studded from Discount Tire. Think they were Grabbers.
I am not a #... I am a FREE REBEL, #6000!!!
sled stats:
2004 Arctic Cat King Cat 900
162 x 16 x 3 challenger extreme non-ported track
IceAge Rails & WRP Assault Seat w/bag
billet 9" rear wheel kit
goldfinger left hand throttle
powder pro skis
speedwerx pipe & can
Old 01-06-2016, 10:51 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Ended up going with the Duratracs... So far I've been happy with them. Decent quiet ride on dry pavement, and they seem to do fairly well in snow. Not real great on ice, the studs help, but they're nowhere near the grip my old snow/ice tires had.

And they fit the truck a little better.

#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 01-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Just Got Here

fudge313 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you get Nokia wintertyres anywhere? The best in Finland!
Old 01-07-2016, 12:13 PM
REBEL

BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I also just upgraded to a set of Duratracs for my '90 Bronco. Got the 33/12.5/15 for my old 10x15 wagon wheels. I got the stud-able and had Les Schwab stud 'em up for me (closer than Discount and apparently #16 studs aren't that common). Should have just called Discount Direct and had them stud them for me there... live and learn.
Anyway, I'm completely thrilled with them. So far have proven great for me over the ice and even better through the bumper pushing deep snow. Hell... I might even get another set for summer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Duratracs Dec. '15 (2).jpg (73.1 KB, 53 views)
I am not a #... I am a FREE REBEL, #6000!!!
sled stats:
2004 Arctic Cat King Cat 900
162 x 16 x 3 challenger extreme non-ported track
IceAge Rails & WRP Assault Seat w/bag
billet 9" rear wheel kit
goldfinger left hand throttle
powder pro skis
speedwerx pipe & can
Old 01-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Prospect

Snorider Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnorider Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnorider Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnorider Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnorider Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnorider Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnorider Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnorider Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnorider Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnorider Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnorider Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I keep my tires narrow. Run the M55 studded in 255/85. They have been awesome on everything I have thrown at them. Run several sets. Ran KM2's that I studded and center siped that did great as well but I didn't get near the life out of them as I do the M55's on the diesel pickups plus not having to drill and stud is nice.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2016, 09:39 AM
"Dead Sexeh Cougar Bait"

RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP
RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
Toyo M/T's are tough to beat for a snow and ice tire. Have them siped as well and they are totally amazing.
I've never cared for them on the ice, siped or not.
90 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
91 XR 200R
Plus snow and dirt toys for the kiddos too

Honey badger would approve this message, but he don't give a sh!t.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRUCK DISCUSSION