Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > MOTOCROSS / CROSS COUNTRY / CROSS TERRAIN

Old 09-30-2015, 12:54 AM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Default Blood Moon Night Ride

Met up with some ADVriders sunday night, headed into the woods to watch the eclipse.

Spent most of the weekend working on our new trailer... got the rest of the steel painted saturday, then got roofing/flooring installed sunday. Making progress... goal is to have it done and snow-ready by Thanksgiving.

Loaded up my tools and headed over to Wudscrasher's place to unload/gear up and head out. Headed over to a local spot to wait for one other rider, who arrived shortly after we took off...

So the two of us headed for the hills.

All going well till we caught up to an RV.... Thankfully he pulled over to let us by shortly after.

Really need to get out and take some fall colors photos...

Rist canyon, fun canyon.

Max finally caught up with us at the elementary school, where we headed further into the woods.

Road turns into a trail, and things start getting a lot more fun.

Trail dumps out into a meadow, where we parked the motos. Eclipse had just begun at this point.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Strip off some riding gear and unload camera equipment. Take a shot in the dark and see where my camera settings need to be...

Planets keep moving, which makes getting a sharp image difficult...

Ah, that'll do. At this point i'm running into the limitations of my optics and sensor.

Wuds picked a good spot. Far enough away from city lights to see the milky way and have a good shot of the moon.

It was a good show.

I am a Snowmobiler!

Last edited by Mule; 09-30-2015 at 12:59 AM.

Just as the moon (only moon in our solar system without a name, it's just "the moon" ) was exiting Earth's shadow, clouds started rolling in.

Packed up, fire up the bikes and head back into town.

Keeps getting brighter as we ride, and as the moon moves in and out of the cloud cover.

Shortly after we get back on the pavement, an owl (or other large-ish feathered creature) drills me in the shoulder... Radio mic and shoulder pad of my tekvest took most of the impact; had I taken a beak to the face or if it hit me square in the chest it very well could have knocked me off the bike. Max, who was riding behind me at the time of the collision, described it as an "explosion of feathers". I was probably doing 50m/h at the time.
Really hoped my helmet cam would have caught a shot of a freaked-out bird, instead I just got a mediocre blurry shot of what I think might be a wing...

Pulled over at the next tee in the road, plucked a few feathers out of my radio mic and laughed it off (Motorola can add "Owl-resistant" to the spec sheet now...). My shoulder's still a little sore.
Continued along Horsetooth reservoir and back into town.

Loaded up and got back home around 0130 monday morning. Not too bad for a sunday night moto.
I am a Snowmobiler!

Last edited by Mule; 09-30-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:02 AM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Mule, you should send the story to Steve at Tecrider, makers of tecvest. They love to hear from end users of the equipment.

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 09-30-2015, 08:59 AM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Quote Mule: "Continued along Horsetooth reservoir and back into town."

Interesting, when I lived in Greeley 1979-80 working for a big business 2-way radio outfit that had a good sized building on Horsetooth mtn with about 40 repeaters, remote bases, and a 5-channel 800MHz trunked system.

Also had a even bigger facility on Buckhorn mtn.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowizard View Post
Quote Mule: "Continued along Horsetooth reservoir and back into town."

Interesting, when I lived in Greeley 1979-80 working for a big business 2-way radio outfit that had a good sized building on Horsetooth mtn with about 40 repeaters, remote bases, and a 5-channel 800MHz trunked system.

Also had a even bigger facility on Buckhorn mtn.

Yup... horsetooth's a good site for NoCo/FtC. We thought about going up thye hill to the TV translators to watch the moon, but that's still pretty close to town.
DMR site up there carries Northern CO and Colo-wide talkgroups, I usually bounce through that when I'm north of broomfield. Squaw and Lookout mountain's where most of the TV/AM-FM-broadcast/LMR/VHF/UHF towers are for the southern metro area where I live.

Can't quite hit Horsetooth from here, but I can get into the Boulder site pretty easily. Better coverage than a cellphone.

I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 09-30-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 View Post
Mule, you should send the story to Steve at Tecrider, makers of tecvest. They love to hear from end users of the equipment.
Caught up with him at Haydays. Did you see the army vest he had there?
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 09-30-2015, 12:08 PM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Back then, to get to the tower site, we had to go thru a corral at a farm, shoo the horses away from the gate. LOL.
Then it was about 20 minutes in 4-WD Suburban to get to the site(s). Maybe there is a road now, that was a long time ago.

Winter time to get to the top, if the snow wasn't too deep, it was chain up all 4 wheels. Was an interesting time.
I got photos but all are on 35MM slides I have never digitized.

Buckhorn mtn had a decent road 'cause ATT had a huge microwave long distance network there. Our shack was adjacent to the ATT property.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:43 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
Caught up with him at Haydays. Did you see the army vest he had there?
I did. Both my son and I said thank you for all he had done on the group buy and discounts. My son even had a story about how the vest saved his butt. New material overlay cocept is cool. Wish I saved a couple of flight jumpers now.

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 10-01-2015, 05:40 PM

Break Has earned a rub and tug from ARBreak Has earned a rub and tug from ARBreak Has earned a rub and tug from ARBreak Has earned a rub and tug from ARBreak Has earned a rub and tug from ARBreak Has earned a rub and tug from ARBreak Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Pretty badass pictures of the stars Mule 👍

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > MOTOCROSS / CROSS COUNTRY / CROSS TERRAIN