Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > GPS / SAFETY / COMMUNICATION DEVICES

Old 02-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Prospect

longshot Has earned a rub and tug from AR
longshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Measuring with a gps

Can i measure the perimeter of my acreage with my gps? How would or can you covert seconds to feet?
Old 02-22-2015, 07:06 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Can do a lot of that in the receiver itself.

Receiver should be able to tell you distance between two points. Mark a waypoint at Point-A, move to Point-B, then "Goto" that Point-A. In the waypoint details there's a bearing/distance.

Or zero the trip odo, walk/ride/whatever the perimeter, and look at the trip odo.

Can also turn on the track logging, I believe if you save the track around the loop it'll give you distance/area. I know for sure if you pull that data into Google Earth it'll tell you all that.

Can also go out there, set it at the corners of the property, and average a waypoint at each corner (Let it sit ~5mins averaging, that'll give you a better point than just marking it will since it'll absorb some of the satellite/position error). Pull those waypoints into Google Earth and use the tools there to make your measurements from the points you saved.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 02-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Prospect

longshot Has earned a rub and tug from AR
longshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from ARlongshot Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Thanks mule
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > GPS / SAFETY / COMMUNICATION DEVICES