Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES

Old 05-18-2015, 10:18 PM
REBEL

Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Motorcycle trailer build thread!

My wife and I have decided we won't be buying a new motorcycle for touring so I got on the hunt for a trailer to pull with my bike, not wanting to drop the $1500+ for a custom trailer I decided to build my own. All my searching the web about homebuilt trailers led me to harbor freight kits modified to work with a bike and a bunch of other ugly contraptions that I didn't deem worthy to be towed behind my bike, I went to the drawing board and along the way I saw this

So I modified the design to include an onboard air compressor to run the air ride system that's comprised of two kenworth sleeper air springs as well as the height control valve for the sleeper, the compressor will fill an air tank I removed from a peterbilt truck and will have a hose to fill tires, an air mattress, or whatever else I may need air for. I spent today building the main part of the frame and so far here's where I'm at

2006 Summit 800, SHR parts, clutch work, some powder coating, some billet stuff.
2007 800 X-RS 151, broken crank, motor is on its way to SHR for a rebuild

many thanks to Big John @SHR
www.sledheadracing.net

and to Rory @Ryders Performance!!!
(208)-520-5652
Old 05-20-2015, 09:30 AM
REBEL

Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Tongue is in and one trailing arm started

2006 Summit 800, SHR parts, clutch work, some powder coating, some billet stuff.

www.sledheadracing.net

(208)-520-5652
Old 06-18-2015, 12:29 PM
REBEL

BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR

So what happened? Sturgis is coming. Hope your still working on it.

I bought and rebuilt one myself back in '03. Still using it. Plan to haul it to Sturgis with me again this year. When I built mine and went in '03, it was the only one I saw. When I went back in '05, I saw at least 5 copies of varying degree.

The year I built it...

Sold it, bought it back and getting it road worthy for this years trip...

my favorite feature of the trailer is the swiveling hitch. It's setup so the hitch can spin around a full 360 deg. Most folks are ok with the swivel the ball provides, but in an extreme emergency situation I was still afraid a bind might force me off the road or into traffic problems if I couldn't lay it down in a quick turn.
Exceptionally extreme situation, I know... but I like the option. "Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" kinda thing.

I like to make fun of my trailer queen friends. "You trailer'd your bike? I bike'd my trailer!"
I am not a #... I am a FREE REBEL, #6000!!!
sled stats:
2004 Arctic Cat King Cat 900
162 x 16 x 3 challenger extreme non-ported track
IceAge Rails & WRP Assault Seat w/bag
billet 9" rear wheel kit
goldfinger left hand throttle
powder pro skis
speedwerx pipe & can
Old 08-19-2015, 10:02 AM
REBEL

www.sledheadracing.net

(208)-520-5652
Old 08-19-2015, 10:03 AM
REBEL

Didn't make it to sturgis due to work, but the trailer is almost done!

www.sledheadracing.net

(208)-520-5652
Old 08-19-2015, 11:44 AM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP

Ha.... I know your a trucker by the amount of lights on that lil trailer LMAO!!!! Looks good BTW!!!!

Term limits....
1 in office..... 1 in JAIL!!!!!
Old 08-19-2015, 12:43 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
Ha.... I know your a trucker by the amount of lights on that lil trailerlol LMAO!!!! Looks good BTW!!!!
Thanks man! Yeah I had to have all the chicken lights haha. I've actually got 3 more to mount up high on the tank so it looks like a mini fuel tanker going down the road. All the wiring is hidden in the trailer frame too so it looks extra clean.

www.sledheadracing.net

(208)-520-5652
Old 08-19-2015, 04:03 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxsTDT9d1E4

Term limits....
1 in office..... 1 in JAIL!!!!!
Old 08-19-2015, 06:31 PM
REBEL

Haha I love that song

www.sledheadracing.net

(208)-520-5652
Old 08-19-2015, 11:44 PM
REBEL

BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Nice, clean work there Loudpipe. Probably best you missed out this yr. anyway. 75th was entirely too crowded to even enjoy the scenic rides.

I do envy you those larger tires. Never had a problem with mine... but I do keep fresh grease on me at all times to keep those "bearing buddies" juiced up.
I am not a #... I am a FREE REBEL, #6000!!!
sled stats:
2004 Arctic Cat King Cat 900
162 x 16 x 3 challenger extreme non-ported track
IceAge Rails & WRP Assault Seat w/bag
billet 9" rear wheel kit
goldfinger left hand throttle
powder pro skis
speedwerx pipe & can
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES