Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > MONTANA

Old 04-25-2015, 04:29 PM
Prospect

cooksend Has earned a rub and tug from AR
cooksend Has earned a rub and tug from ARcooksend Has earned a rub and tug from ARcooksend Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Montana Trip Planning

Looking for some help in getting next years trip planned. Looks like we will put a big group together and head out for about 8 days of riding. We will all have our own sleds and have all been to the mountains multiple times. We are open to area's but prefer some killer tree riding in the mix! We have been to Seeley Lake, Lolo Pass, Cooke, Togwotee, The Snowies and Alpine and would not rule out any of them for a return trip! What I need is some help on possible lodging where we may get some help finding our way around for a few days!

Needs:
10+ individual beds
No trailering to get gas on a daily basis
ride from the door
Sweet riding
Rental house for under $2,000 for the 9 nights

Please tell me what you know!
Old 04-25-2015, 05:36 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooksend View Post
Looking for some help in getting next years trip planned. Looks like we will put a big group together and head out for about 8 days of riding. We will all have our own sleds and have all been to the mountains multiple times. We are open to area's but prefer some killer tree riding in the mix! We have been to Seeley Lake, Lolo Pass, Cooke, Togwotee, The Snowies and Alpine and would not rule out any of them for a return trip! What I need is some help on possible lodging where we may get some help finding our way around for a few days!

Needs:
10+ individual beds
No trailering to get gas on a daily basis
ride from the door
Sweet riding
Rental house for under $2,000 for the 9 nights

Please tell me what you know!
under $2000 for 9 nights for 10+ people? good luck on that one
Old 04-26-2015, 06:23 AM
Prospect

cooksend Has earned a rub and tug from ARcooksend Has earned a rub and tug from ARcooksend Has earned a rub and tug from AR

So it may be on the cheap side but we did it in Tog for the last couple years. This year there were beds for 11 and it was under $2G. Give me anything close say $2500 even!
Old 04-26-2015, 04:08 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

we pay 200/ night for a condo that sleeps 4-5 and I thought that was a nice deal
Old 04-26-2015, 06:51 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Du View Post
we pay 200/ night for a condo that sleeps 4-5 and I thought that was a nice deal
Where ya riding Blu Du?
Old 04-26-2015, 06:53 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Ever looked into Island Park? I went with some friends a few yrs back. Rented houses a couple times. About the same as what you are looking at doing. VRBO.com is a place to look as well.

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 04-26-2015, 07:49 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooksend View Post
Where ya riding Blu Du?
golden west in west Yellowstone, but I would also recomonded looking down in island park. there are a lot of homes down there that people rent but I personally like being in west yellowstone
Old 04-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Prospect

I have never laid tracks in West or Island. What's it like compared to say Togwotee?
Old 04-27-2015, 07:47 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

I've never been to Tog. Island Park, our group had made some friends with a local guy. He would take us to a couple of sweet spots that most out of town people never find. Mix of trees and lots of deep snow. Thought the guy was trying to kill me at one point. Rode the Jefferson Mountain area. Local guide is a BONUS as you don't waste time and fuel finding the good stuff. Fuel is on way out or back at night.

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 04-27-2015, 08:00 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 View Post
I've never been to Tog. Island Park, our group had made some friends with a local guy. He would take us to a couple of sweet spots that most out of town people never find. Mix of trees and lots of deep snow. Thought the guy was trying to kill me at one point. Rode the Jefferson Mountain area. Local guide is a BONUS as you don't waste time and fuel finding the good stuff. Fuel is on way out or back at night.
Thanks a bunch Mac! West has never really peaked my interest like some other spots have! So much to ride and such little time and money.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > MONTANA