Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA

Old 03-19-2015, 12:18 AM
i dunno

icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR
icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYFLYR View Post
No 45 degree intake boots?

Scratch that, can we make it efi
If we're gonna do that might as well turbo it.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:43 AM
Prospect

RoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from AR

i kind of ran into the same problem on my xcr. the carbs hit the motor mount plates because the engine is mounted at an angle the lowers the engine a little and leans it back more. i cut the motor mount plate but was considering turning the intake boots upside down.

if i were you i would try to keep the engine mounted back, putting that much weight up front probably wouldn't feel too good. maybe mock up some shims from washers, grind them or file them with an angle so they will sit flat against the engine and in between the engine and plate. would have to be pretty precise for it to be the same at all 2points and 2 more points so 4 would have to be made. or as others said use a different carb boot, i think that's probably the best and least effort approach.

congrats on the build.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:58 AM
Prospect

RoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from ARRoffRider Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
Are you gonna mount the rounds at an angle ? If you mount them at any noticeable angle other than flat you will have fueling issues with the round slides .
interesting. what about flatslides? are they as angle sensitive?
Old 03-19-2015, 09:17 AM
REBEL

AKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from AR
AKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I think TMX 38's or 40's are narrow.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:22 AM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Bowls aren't designed to be mounted at much of an angle , it'll run just fine in the garage and WO but the mid and bottom will have you chasing random gremlins at the other end of a tow rope trying to figure out if it's a seal , needles , fuel pump or electrical .

Is there enough room to put a sleeve over the jack shaft ? and run angled pods ?
Old 03-19-2015, 07:20 PM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Man thats A tight fit. My 800 twin is snug as hell in that chassis. I recently put angles UNI pod filters on mIne, much better air flow thaN the k&n style filters. Clears the jack shaft by about 1/4 inch
Old 03-20-2015, 07:55 PM
i dunno

icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR
icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Steering progress. This might work.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:39 PM
Prospect

Old 03-20-2015, 11:12 PM
REBEL

AKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from AR
AKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Think Ricks tube chassis is setup that way. Looks like it will work perfect.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:27 AM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR

A u joint!? Hell yes, great idea! Will it withstand the left and right pulling of the bars though?
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA