Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA

Old 03-18-2015, 10:49 PM
i dunno

icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR
icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Iqr triple build

This is where I'm going to vent about all the problems I run into while trying to put a 1200 triple into a chassis designed for a 440 twin. Enjoy.

The intake runs on the jackshaft

Old 03-18-2015, 10:52 PM
i dunno

icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR
icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR

The obvious solution is to lift the motor. Its already against the steering post and I've moved it forward 3". This is going to handle worse than an XM if I don't fix the steering.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:52 PM
REBEL

Modedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Modedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Do you have enough room to put a short elbow on the carb? I had to do that on my old ZX.

By the way what is that round thing....

Don't take life to serious, you ain't gonna live thru it anyways....
Old 03-18-2015, 10:55 PM
i dunno

Are you mocking my round slides? Going to a smaler flat slide would be an easier option as well, anyone parting a t cat?
Old 03-18-2015, 11:00 PM
REBEL

Modedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Modedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from ARModedmach1 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by icr View Post
Are you mocking my round slides? Going to a flat slide would be an easier option as well, anyone parting a t cat?
Nope, mocking the lack of fuel injection.. LOL!!

I used short sweep abs 90's or 45's on my ZX. Not sure if it will work for that application. Drop & roll is a option but, F that!!

Don't take life to serious, you ain't gonna live thru it anyways....
Old 03-18-2015, 11:05 PM
i dunno

This is just the practice chassis, the next one I'll drop the jackshaft 5/8" to keep it above the tunnel while providing clearance for a bigger track and more carb room.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:07 PM
i dunno

Might end up with a couple of these. The motor has a lot of moving left to do though.

http://www.frozenboost.com/holset-tu...a66a414443d571
Old 03-18-2015, 11:52 PM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Are you gonna mount the rounds at an angle ? If you mount them at any noticeable angle other than flat you will have fueling issues with the round slides .
Old 03-18-2015, 11:55 PM
REBEL

HYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from AR
HYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from ARHYFLYR Has earned a rub and tug from AR

No 45 degree intake boots?

Scratch that, can we make it efi
Old 03-19-2015, 12:03 AM
REBEL

AKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from AR
AKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToad Has earned a rub and tug from AR

If I remember correctly you can turn the alum reed cage 180 degrees to give you more clearance.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA