Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > VINTAGE SLEDS

Old 02-25-2015, 12:40 PM
Chronic Basketcase

numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Nice project Bump! Love in the one pic both girls look disgusted & the boys just grinning with the mouse nest...LMAO!!! Id bet any money those brackets were for a sissy bar that was mounted on there at one time, IMO.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:20 PM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

Update... since its 70 degrees in March...
We got the points and condensers replaced. I actually replaced them within the motor with out pulling the stator plate so hopefully the timing is still on.
Should be about done with all the cleaning. Have to change the gear oil and we should be headed toward reassembly!
Old 03-16-2015, 03:19 PM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

So while the paint was drying on the exhaust, I thought I would check the oil in the chain case... and as I suspected. There was none.
After disassembly, I found that the internals appear good, however the gasket (rubber) obviously leaks. I was unable to find a replacement one so...

Does anyone have a location to buy one? Or can one be made? Or should I use the one that is there with some carefully applied RTV silicone?
Hoping for reassembly soon!
Old 03-23-2015, 07:55 PM
CAPTAIN

Well I was unable to find a seal so I just used the original with some rtv...seems to be holding.

We finished assembly tonight and cleaned the carbs.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:57 PM
CAPTAIN

Got everything bolted back together, double checked, and the old girl fired right up!

Old 03-23-2015, 07:59 PM
CAPTAIN

Still needs some cosmetic touches, a seat, etc... but she runs great!
I even got a couple asphalt passes in up and down the alley! Ha

Old 05-21-2015, 07:53 AM
CAPTAIN

I thought this was a good addition to this project thread. My oldest son brought this home from school yesterday. Really drives home the idea behind this project. Something he will likely remember forever!

He is only in Kindergarten so I will translate:
"My daddy's eyes are brown and his hair is black. I think my daddy is 30 years old. My daddy's favorite food is spicy tacos. My daddy and I like to... We like to work on the snowmobiles."
In the coloring at the top you can make out the track, skis, orange hood with "Special" on it, etc.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:41 AM
Just Got Here

sledmike1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really appreciate the ambitious track paddles on his picture.....

My girls have outgrown them, but still in the upper storage in the shop...the retired ZR440 Sno-pros that they learned to ride on...hard to let them go....grandkids someday i suppose.

good job there, dad
Old 07-12-2015, 12:06 PM

a572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from ARa572mike Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Very cool!
Old 10-25-2015, 11:10 PM
Prospect

wildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from AR

NICE!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > VINTAGE SLEDS