Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken

Old 01-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Just Got Here

comet424 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pork ring sausage?‏

hi I trying to figure this one out

German store in my town sells a Pork Ring sausage its called, they make from there butchershop one sausage with the straight tied at each end.

I tried to google it I cant find it.. Its a not hard casing and the meat inside is soft so people that have no teeth can eat it, and you can just eat it cold or room temperature.... do you know this receipe? is it air dried or smoked etc?

my dad used to get them from a german butchershop years ago

mike
Old 03-25-2015, 12:25 PM
SENILE MEMBER

Grizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLP
Grizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLPGrizzz Offical PLP

farmers sausage is what they call it up here.

try this

25lbs pork shoulder, ground coarse (some buddies use 50% pork & beef, straight pork is way better if cold smoking).
1/2cup salt(regular grind table salt-even used iodized and the world didn't spin of its axis)
1/4c black pepper(increased to 1/2 cup, was a bit to much pepper, 1/3 cup is about right using equal portions coarse ground and regular table BP)
1tbsp +2tsp cure #1

Mix all ingredients well and allow to rest in refrigerator overnight.

stuff into 34-36mmm casings and link into 10-12" sections,allow links to air dry until dry to the touch, can be sped up by placing in front of a fan

Cold smoke 24 hrs when max temp is 45F I use hickory sawdust I get from the smoked fish plant here. Any good hardwood smoke will work I really prefer the cold smoked version of this stuff.

Hot smoking can be done as well, start at around 120F, and raise smoker temp by about 10 deg f every half hour until it reaches 170. Do not go above this temp or you may get fat rendering around the outside of the sausage. Smoke until you get to internal temp of 155 F, then place in a cold water bath until IT is back down to 100F. Allow links to cool and bloom in refrigerator overnight.

cheers
Rebel #52
My Friends call me "Randy" , the rebels can as well as I consider them to be above acquaintance status!
Proudly stolen from Eric W "My strength is the strength of ten for my heart is pure"
Old 03-25-2015, 04:37 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

Now that sounds delicious Randy. I grew up on that kind of stuff in Min e snowda. But just don't have the German population around here in Alaska like back there.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken