Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRUCK DISCUSSION

Old 12-06-2014, 10:04 AM
REBEL

ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
Default Can you put HID headlights on 2013 chevy silvarado duramax?

Would like to put some on but one dealer said it would screw up something in the electronics. FFS!
Old 12-06-2014, 04:49 PM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBoy View Post
Would like to put some on but one dealer said it would screw up something in the electronics. FFS!
does it have one headlight bulb for high and low or seperate?
Old 12-06-2014, 05:08 PM
REBEL

ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP

Separate. 4 bulbs
Old 12-06-2014, 05:45 PM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR

daytime running lights are the high beams ran through a resistor so they r dimmer right?
if so,should be fine. run hids in the low beams
Old 12-06-2014, 06:56 PM
REBEL

Well I guess I better check tomorrow. What about something for the fog lights? They are almost worthless as is
Old 12-06-2014, 09:54 PM
REBEL

sure they r just normal bulbs. you can put an hid almost in any headlight or fog. check into a chevy forum about hids. thatll give so much info your brain will hurt
Old 12-11-2014, 09:45 AM
REBEL

Daytimers are on the low beam and they are dimmer, so now what?
Old 12-11-2014, 07:46 PM
REBEL

really daytimes are through the low beams? hmmmm..... find the resistor for dtrl and disconnect it. this will cause the truck to have just normal old school lighting. on, running lights, off. but u could run hid in the low beams....
Old 12-11-2014, 07:52 PM
REBEL

pureadrenaline Offical PLPpureadrenaline Offical PLPpureadrenaline Offical PLPpureadrenaline Offical PLP
pureadrenaline Offical PLPpureadrenaline Offical PLPpureadrenaline Offical PLPpureadrenaline Offical PLPpureadrenaline Offical PLPpureadrenaline Offical PLPpureadrenaline Offical PLPpureadrenaline Offical PLP

Yes, you can, but you would also be risking a ticket and pissing other drivers off. The stock headlight design was not made to reflect the HID bulb pattern so you will get hot spots and sporadic lighting. If you really want to increase your lighting, the right way, then you need to either purchase a aftermarket set of lights or have your stock lights modified to accept a HID projector housing. Personally I recommend modifying the stock housing, you will end up with a cleaner factory look and when done right they will out perform the cheep aftermarket ones. Contact http://www.fastheadlights.com/default.asp he does a ton of the forum guys lights.

Careful with the fogs, they have a tendency to melt with the higher wattage bulbs.
'06 Yamaha Apex GT(Problem Free)
I Win
"I didn't make up the rules, I just twisted them to fit my needs"
Old 12-12-2014, 07:11 AM
PIMP

Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP
Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP

I have a '13 GMC Dmax and I am running 4300K HIDs without issue. I disabled my daytime running lights to help aid in the life of the HIDs.

For the fogs, I suggest these: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/l.../h16-xml2-pair I installed these last week, and they are awesome! Much better than stock.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRUCK DISCUSSION