Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR

Old 12-02-2014, 06:41 PM

littleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from ARlittleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from ARlittleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from ARlittleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from ARlittleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from ARlittleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from ARlittleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default turbo time 2011 RMK

Have a 2011 RMK 800. Found some dang good snow last weekend ( 4th ride on the sled since I bought it). I have to say there are alot of things I really enjoy about this sled, and one thing that I was not impressed with.. I was disappointed in how hard it was for me to go up hills, I found myself going more sideways than up most of the time, and the one time I tried to just go straight up it didnt turn out well. So as i am sitting there digging, I look over to see my buddy going straight up and over the same hill at anywhere from 1/2-3/4 throttle. he has a 1100 turboed cat with a programer. I am a fat kid, but I dont think that that made ALL the difference.
I have modified every vehicle I have modified every vehicle I have ever owned, so it just makes sense for me to do the same here. talked with a friend who has a performance shop, who said he would recomend boondockers turbo kit. I have looked around and seen a few different types, Specifically Silber that was a bit cheaper. I know that cheap = trash most of the time, and I also know some companies sell garbage at the going rate anyway.
I am looking for options. I ride from 7-11k feet usually. I want something that is reliable, but dont want to pay for a fancy logo and paint job. I would like some ideas for different options / whats good, and what to turn and run away from. What kits really do include everything, and what ones leave you buying more stuff. Also comments regarding fittment.
I would also add its a 155 track, I have debated on swapping a 163 , but not sure how much there is to gain and once again I am not quite sold on a couple inches of track being the difference in barley making it halfway up a hill and cruising to the top .
Build in progress
littlered(powerstroke)r way too many mods than needed for pulling a trailer...
Old 12-03-2014, 04:38 PM

littleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from ARlittleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from ARlittleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from ARlittleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from ARlittleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from ARlittleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from ARlittleredstroker Has earned a rub and tug from AR

nobody???
Build in progress
littlered(powerstroke)r way too many mods than needed for pulling a trailer...
Old 12-03-2014, 05:48 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Turbo'd cat is a fuelie (fuel injection), '11 Pro is not. Are you properly clutched and jetted for the altitude? The fuelie will be set for all temps and altitude all the time.

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 01-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Just Got Here

LSX_91mm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 View Post
Turbo'd cat is a fuelie (fuel injection), '11 Pro is not. Are you properly clutched and jetted for the altitude? The fuelie will be set for all temps and altitude all the time.
Wtf are you talking about??? A '11 Pro RMK is Direct injected sled lol. Jesus christ if you don't know what the hell you are talking about keep you thoughts to yourself.

Boondockers def has the most legit setup with their fuel controller. I personally have two aerocharger sleds, one air to air and one water to air. They run with a Dobeck controller that is a pain in the ass to keep in line.

No matter what kit you pick, plan on shelling some coin and last I knew Boondockers and Aerocharger are sold out at the moment..

Last edited by LSX_91mm; 01-02-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Just Got Here

brycter is an unknown quantity at this point

Look at our turbo performanc kit. We include everything needed and is top notch. We use the vipec stand alone ECU with our kit and works very well. Give us a call

Polaris, Skidoo, and Custom turbo kits

Vipec Distributor
Mtn Horse dealer
Old 01-10-2015, 09:59 AM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

pm roadtrip about turboing a pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX_91mm View Post
Wtf are you talking about??? A '11 Pro RMK is Direct injected sled lol. Jesus christ if you don't know what the hell you are talking about keep you thoughts to yourself.
and the pro is not direct inject it is tbi (CFI2) douche bag listen to your own input.

Last edited by 76FoMoCo; 01-10-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR