Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES

Old 07-22-2014, 02:16 PM
Chronic Basketcase

numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Title trouble...AGAIN!

So, looks like Im glutton for punishment on these "deals" I find anymore. Here she goes...Got a smokin' deal on a cool streetbike the other day. Project non running but in super shape. Backstory is the guy I bought it off of purchased it ($2200) back in June of 2010. The "buyer" signed the title as of that day as buyer on the back. Well...the guy never went to the dmv to transfer the title, rode it for a year (into 2011) with the previous owners reg & put on around 2000 miles, then parked it for 3+ yrs. He sold it to me last week as such non running & the title as it sits when he bought it.
Now Im at a crossroads into whether he will be a stand up guy & follow me to the dmv & make it right (& pay back taxes for 4 yrs & fees....yea...riiight) or to just scratch out his entries under the buyer section of the title & put mine in (questionable) or just go thru the bond process yet again with this bike even though I have a clear title in front of me that the seller fawked me on. I get what I ask for. Any thoughts on this or similar actions I can follow?
Old 07-22-2014, 02:52 PM
REBEL

polarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from AR

did you get a notarized bill of sale for the amt you paid for it? you might need to have it inspected by the Highway Patrol. (they don't do that anymore in ND) so we would need to pay to have it done.

if you have the bill of sale and inspection (so it not stolen) in ND you would be able to get a title. I would call dmv and ask them what is needed.

this same situation just happened to me on a small trailer. seller did meet me at dmv but was pissed when he had to pay original sale tax and license for the past three years. Good luck
2010 Ranger Reata 150 Yamaha 4 Stroke
9.9 Yamaha Kicker
Old 07-22-2014, 04:29 PM
Chronic Basketcase

numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR

DMV says it needs to go into his name so I can get it into mine, not sure Im going to get any help from this guy, but do have a bill of sale signed by him to me for the agreed price, but its not notorized.

Last edited by numbnuts; 07-22-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:27 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

In MN any scratch out or correction is grounds for a VOID title. Good luck with the transfer.

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 07-22-2014, 11:31 PM
Chronic Basketcase

Im going to the DMV this Friday with or without him. We'll see how it shakes out, still think the bonded title is going to be the way to go. With a state trooper vin inspect & background DMV search on the VIN as well. Been there, done that. Takes at least 6-8 weeks to get it back to me.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Chronic Basketcase

I got in touch with the original owner (title holder) & for just $8 he can get a duplicate title issued to him over the counter at his county DMV, & then just give it to me to have transferred into my name. This bypasses all the crap I would have to deal with from the guy that sold it to me. And it ends up saving him $162 of taxes due when he bought it in 2010. Im going to give the guy some coin to do this for me, for his trouble & all. Just saved me a load of paperwork.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:14 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Glad that worked out... again, I guesss...
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES