Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > WATER SPORTS > FISHING / HUNTING

Old 04-30-2014, 12:24 PM
REBEL

ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
Default Looking for a good rifle scope

I hunt mostly sagebrush with long shots possible. Got a Baush and Lomb 3x9 and has been a good scope for 20 years. However with age comes better technology and weaker eyes. I think I'd like to go up to 12 power and better optics to try and help the older eyes out. I can get bad glare where im at and last year was a real pizzer when my scope totally washed out in the sun therefore missing a rare closer shot. I'd like to stay under in the $700 range but may be able to go higher.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:57 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

Check out vortex optics scopes. I bought one a couple months ago for my new ruger. 17hmr. Its a 6x24 power with 50min lenses. All I can say it so far im very impressed. I own two Leopold varix 3's on my 300mags for comparison. The vortex has a clearer sharper image and better light transmission than the varix 3's. That says alot. I also hunt with a pair of Zeiss glasses. The vortex scope rivals the sharpness and clarity of them. That is saying alot. Wasnt long ago I had never heard of Vortex Optics. I've got a couple friends that have them and recommended them to me. And I have a sportsmans warehouse store in my town that carries their full line of optics. They really push them over the ziess and swarvosky stuff that they carry. No. Not quite that quality but damn close. And the prices are less than Leopold with a no questions asked lifetime warranty on all their products. Check them out. I forget exactly what I paid for my scope. I want to say it was in the $300-400 ballpark. Like most makers, they have budget scopes, middle of the road, and top end. Even their topend stuff is only around your budget mark. Those scopes would rival the $2000 scopes out there.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:43 AM
REBEL

SLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from AR
SLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLIM Has earned a rub and tug from AR

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shoot...cludes-metric/

SledHeadRacing

MotorFist

2CoolAirVents

TEAM IDAHO MILITIA
Old 05-04-2014, 06:23 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation

Dont discount nikons prostaff line either great bang for the buck. Have one on my .243 and like it better than the leupold I have on my .308.but that is a 20 year old scope though.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:11 PM
REBEL

ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP

Looks like some good options to look at
Old 05-06-2014, 06:46 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

I buy from a local sportsmans business, Scheels. I forget who makes their glass but it's on another major assembly line, my neighbor use to work for their company and told me one night. Super happy with their product as it has a lifetime warranty no questions ask and is a lot more clear than other glass I have bought. I have three of their scopes and my dad has two now after shooting mine, love them so far.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 05-10-2014, 08:46 AM
REBEL

My enemies with vision is old eyes and bad glare. Hopefully I can go out today and find something. Off to Cabelas to at least look at some
Old 05-10-2014, 09:33 AM
REBEL

http://www.zeiss.com/sports-optics/e...flescopes.html

This should do it all.. Holy crap
Old 05-10-2014, 12:12 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

I would hate to see the price tag on that line of scopes!
Old 05-10-2014, 03:50 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
I would hate to see the price tag on that line of scopes!
$2000-3000 from what I found.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > WATER SPORTS > FISHING / HUNTING