Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS

BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS We all like to see builds from the crate up. Bring us along for the creation.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:13 AM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR

did u watch the video? no im wondering if i have a failing cdi. it sounds lime ignition to me hesitating spark.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Prospect

aker Has earned a rub and tug from ARaker Has earned a rub and tug from ARaker Has earned a rub and tug from ARaker Has earned a rub and tug from ARaker Has earned a rub and tug from ARaker Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Yes sounds electrical, if you let the sled cool off does it go away until it gets hot?
Old 03-14-2014, 09:28 PM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR

not really, i wonder if the 91/110 octane was just too high and the cdi was having trouble igiting the gap in the plugs? im gonna try 91/98 next time.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:53 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

I have super slow internet up here at work. No can watch videos. I would try a new coolant temp sensor first with what you are describing. They are a known issue, cheap and quick to change out. They will give you all sorts of cutting out issues.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:01 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

As far the hard to turn. The 05's were the worst for this. Even the racers update the front end to a later year spindle. Most that convert them to mountian sleds will put rmk front ends under them so that they will sidehill easier.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:42 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
I have super slow internet up here at work. No can watch videos. I would try a new coolant temp sensor first with what you are describing. They are a known issue, cheap and quick to change out. They will give you all sorts of cutting out issues.
really thats a known issure for an 03 800 ves motor? because there isnt a coolant temp sensor on this motor i dont believe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
As far the hard to turn. The 05's were the worst for this. Even the racers update the front end to a later year spindle. Most that convert them to mountian sleds will put rmk front ends under them so that they will sidehill easier.
ive read that as well, thats a lot of $ for a complete front end.
am i right in saying more preload on the front skid shock will help with the heavy ski pressure?

with the rear suspension thats in this thing, its naturally slouching forward...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140311_105141.jpg (67.4 KB, 263 views)

Last edited by sledfreakco; 03-15-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:09 AM
Prospect

aker Has earned a rub and tug from ARaker Has earned a rub and tug from ARaker Has earned a rub and tug from ARaker Has earned a rub and tug from ARaker Has earned a rub and tug from ARaker Has earned a rub and tug from AR

On the ezryde skid you can. Adjust the the front track shock are lower the front bolt holes down. When you buy the skid from them it comes with a template that explains this. Looks like you have slp powder pros there a pretty aggressive ski in marginal snow. Also those appear to be shorter spindles from power addiction.

Last edited by aker; 03-16-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:07 AM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by aker View Post
On the ezryde skid you can. Adjust the the front track shock are lower the front bolt holes down. When you buy the skid from them it comes with a template that explains this. Looks like you have slp powder pros there a pretty aggressive ski in marginal snow. Also those appear to be shorter spindles from power addiction.
this is all good info! im not the one who set up the ezryde, so i can adjustas i see fit. i know tho that there was no preload on the front skid shock-none. this i bet would help if i gave it some preload.
the powder pros im not sure about yet.... they darted really bad on the trail, once i got into the powder they seamed to work well, didnt get to sidehill much.
ill get a better pic of the spindles, are they worth a damn? the front end seems alot beefier than an rmk front end....
Old 03-16-2014, 01:43 PM

ice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from AR

You can cut the lower spindles, take out about an inch and re weld them, that will help with the steering. if you look around you may find some billet spindles made by PAR, that is the best way to fix the steering but they are not cheep.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:52 PM
REBEL

thats what Aker was saying^ he thought i already had power addiction spindes
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS