Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS

BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS We all like to see builds from the crate up. Bring us along for the creation.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:48 PM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven View Post
those weights are lightening weights, the "other large jets" in the float bowl are starter jets don't worry about them. the staggered jetting is ussaully because the mag side sometimes runs hotter because the pipes are on that side. as far as race gas goes you should do a install on your domes to figure out your compression ratio, the 150 psi is just an idication of how healthy your rings are.
the guy that built it said he ran 50/50 100 and 91. he said it ran great so ill figure it out as i run it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
I hope it is not the stock tank, it is like 4 gallons or something, you can get a 8, 8,5 or 9 gallon tank that fits under the seat like stock, you can also get a 10,5 or even a 12,5 gallon tank that sticks out the back. check out jspowersports.com, they have a lot of info on these sleds.
ok well today i got 8 gallons in it and it couldve taken another 1-2. heres a pic. and thanks for the recommendation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 140308_0004.jpg (76.2 KB, 303 views)
Old 03-09-2014, 09:50 PM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR

i took the exhaust all off today, resealed the gaskets and donuts. ceaned the exhaust valves. put in my race gas and got to fire it up. it was stupid warm today so it ran super fat for the few moments it idled. had to shut her down, neighbors kid was sleeping.... ill fire it up tomorrowand maybe see if itll spin a track
Old 03-10-2014, 03:23 PM
REBEL

fired her up today. shes a cold blooded bitc*. or it was just too warm outside today but got her fired up. it idles nicely and has freakin craxy throttle response. cant wait to ride it. the clutch seems to make a clattering noise tho, its hard to tell cuz the pipes are so loud but its def. louder than my 700. i spun the track about half throttle everything seemed to work correctly but hard to say til its on snow... i went through the clutch when i replaced the spring, i didnt see anything overy or abnormally worn........
Old 03-10-2014, 03:40 PM
"Wannabe Head Numpty"

Location: Pocatello, ID / One foot on either side of the "LINE"
Crashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLP
Crashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLP

probably nothing to worry about with the clatter, where you just went through it, everything should be good..... but you never know.

It was mentioned earlier to take the EGT's off, if you have them there is no reason to take them off, watch them and keep from burning your sled down. Its probably set up close and its not like the EGTs burn down sleds, they always need fuel and oil to run. Keep the temps under 1300 and you will never blow up.

[20-03, 08:15] Adrenaline Revolution Lionel, Can you make it so that every time H2 types Numpty or Sheeple or whatever term he uses to antagonize people it would read "I'm an idiot" or something like that? !
Old 03-10-2014, 04:02 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

If it's not already geared down a bit, that's something else you may want to consider. Maybe a shallower ramp angle in the secondary so the engagement doesn't hit quite as hard and blow out the track innamountains. Get more of that low-end torque to the track to climb up and out.

On the race track, a hard engagement's what you want to pull the holeshot, since traction usually isn't a problem. In the mountains, that just gets you stuck a lot.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:37 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashleroux View Post
probably nothing to worry about with the clatter, where you just went through it, everything should be good..... but you never know.

It was mentioned earlier to take the EGT's off, if you have them there is no reason to take them off, watch them and keep from burning your sled down. Its probably set up close and its not like the EGTs burn down sleds, they always need fuel and oil to run. Keep the temps under 1300 and you will never blow up.
well if it blows up tomorrow ill let you know! the digitron gauge isnt working. i have to troubleshoot it. im gonna watch the plugs and tune from there. i know its fat as hell down in town here at 5k and 60*. tomorrow should be 20* at 10k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mul:De View Post
If it's not already geared down a bit, that's something else you may want to consider. Maybe a shallower ramp angle in the secondary so the engagement doesn't hit quite as hard and blow out the track innamountains. Get more of that low-end torque to the track to climb up and out.

On the race track, a hard engagement's what you want to pull the holeshot, since traction usually isn't a problem. In the mountains, that just gets you stuck a lot.
i dont know if its geared or not... thats on the list of stuff to do. new gear lub and check chain tension and drain and fill coolant. ill find out alot tomorrow! wish me luck!
Old 03-11-2014, 05:34 PM
REBEL

this thing is fun:-) need to change alot of stuff but damn it rips. vids coming

gotta figure out why its so hard to turn... im thinking far too much ski pressure? i mean its a bitch to turn, also dont like the bars, too narrow and too low. s idehilling is difficult because the front suspension doesnt give much... once you get it up on edge, it falls over on you lol.

Last edited by sledfreakco; 03-11-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:12 PM
REBEL

need some advice from polaris gurus out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VEBXMU-uC0

my format of the video:
first section- low elevation ~9k ft ran good great throttle response
second section~ high elevation ~ 11kft listen to it when i open it up, hesitates really bad then finally revs up...
third section. high elevation still. it sounded like an electrical problem to me. i swapped plugs and squeezed the plug caps a bit so they are tighter on the top of the spark plug. i also read my plugs and they looked more leaner than id liked. i played around with air mixture screws a bit, screwed them all the way in, it ran really well.

ideas?

plugs still dont look that great imo. a very light chocolate brown almost a burnt redish color. also wondering if the race fuel will change the look of the,plug??? if i choke it, it runs like crap so im guessing ita not lean.... but why arent the plugs darker brown? and i ran 40:1 with my klotz and it didnt smoke much.... sled ran pretty well all days after that.
went back down in elevation and the throttle response suffered a bit....

Last edited by sledfreakco; 03-15-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:24 PM
REBEL

bump for some tuning advice
Old 03-13-2014, 10:26 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

Best place to start is with some old school tuning. Get it up to temp and make 1/2 mile to mile run at quarter throttle. Hit the kill switch and check your plugs and piston wash. Then repeat this at 1/2, 3/4, and full throttle. This will tell you which jets are off and in which direction. Too often folks will over compensate with mains leaving them lean yet are way fat on needles or pilots. Take an hour and check all four circuits and then go from there.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS