Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS

BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS We all like to see builds from the crate up. Bring us along for the creation.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:19 PM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default sledfreakco's IQR MTN

picked up a new project today! Shes an 05 chassis with an 03 800 swapped in. New top end with high comp. domes, slp pipes. Oil injection is deleted. Ezride rear skid with a 153 cat track and avid drivers. guy said he thought the fuel pump was bad.... tested compression, 150 psi in both holes. threw a little fuel in and she fired. i found it had a broken primary spring as well. talked him down a bit and she came home with me

got home, threw some fuel into the carbs inlet and she runs! then hooked up my bottle to the suction of the fuel pump and it works! then i was confused.... maybe the guy is lying and something ese is wrong with it? it idles and revs(never spun the track) but when i come off idle just a bit, it dies. if i push it threw that little bit, it comes back and revs fine. im thinkin it needs to be gone through, clutch definitely, carbs... but it sounds electrical to me, like a bad tps or something...

it also is wired for egts and some other things, assuming ect and maybe rpm through the digital readout box on the handpebars. while it was running i couldnt get it to turn on, im assuming its broken... is this necessary to have?
if so is that company a reputable company to buy a new one from?

The guy said he ran 50/50 av gas and 91 and mixed it 32:1 and it ran great. i didnt have av gas so i threw 91 in there for now just to get it running. if anyone wants to school me on compression ratios and elevation and octane, plz give me some insight!

the sled itsled is in great shape, shouldbe a fun toy on the snow once i get it running. Ill be on here alot looking for advice, if anyone has any pointers or advice with the sled or motor, please id really appreciate any help!
cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 140302_0000.jpg (63.8 KB, 587 views)
File Type: jpg 140302_0001.jpg (76.9 KB, 578 views)
File Type: jpg 140302_0002.jpg (41.3 KB, 577 views)
File Type: jpg 140302_0003.jpg (71.9 KB, 574 views)
File Type: jpg 140302_0004.jpg (71.0 KB, 575 views)
Old 03-02-2014, 05:19 PM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR

one more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 140302_0005.jpg (25.1 KB, 576 views)
Old 03-07-2014, 07:29 PM
REBEL

wow no replies.... no one likes the idea of me upgrading!? lol

got my new primary spring today and some race fuel:-) rehabilitation starts tomorrow
Old 03-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Prospect

sven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from AR

so i would ditch the egt's there not needed I've seen to many people burn down motor trying to tune with them. check the fuel pickup line inside the tank and make sure it hasn't rotted off. on the carbs it sounds like you might be super lean on the pilot, but go through them and make sure nothings plugged, it sounds like it has enough fuel to idle but not respond
Old 03-08-2014, 03:11 PM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

Sweet looking sled! Get a few more pics back a ways so we can see the whole sled. 150 psi should have no need for av gas.
I am wanting an irq to build as well. Do you mind telling what you paid for some comparison?
Old 03-08-2014, 09:14 PM
REBEL

so i tore into it today. replaced the broken spring in the primary-gold team spring. it appears to have aftermarket weights in it? anyone know what these are? btw i ride at 9k-12k.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 140308_0006.jpg (34.3 KB, 507 views)
Old 03-08-2014, 09:18 PM
REBEL

also threw a dial indicator on the crank, .001 runout and no end play, so that was promising. ripped the carbs off and cleaned them. pilots were clogged, hopefully should idle better. one weird thing, it has different mains side to side? pto is 360 and the other is 370. dont know why they r different, but i left them cuz the guy said it ran well. we'll see. both pilots are 55s. the other larger jet? is that an air jet?

anyone know if this is the factory iqr fuel tank? im assuming it is because its the factory seat.... id like to know how much it holds....
Old 03-08-2014, 09:21 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
Sweet looking sled! Get a few more pics back a ways so we can see the whole sled. 150 psi should have no need for av gas.
I am wanting an irq to build as well. Do you mind telling what you paid for some comparison?
yeah im hopin its a fun sled... heres a pic from the side. and i was sceptical on the race gas too but he said it detonated on just 91. so i bought some 110 to start. gonna mix 50/50. i know it wont detonate that way... once i get it to run half way decent i will try 50/50 91 and 98. sves some money. just figured rather be safe then sorry.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Prospect

sven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from AR

those weights are lightening weights, the "other large jets" in the float bowl are starter jets don't worry about them. the staggered jetting is ussaully because the mag side sometimes runs hotter because the pipes are on that side. as far as race gas goes you should do a install on your domes to figure out your compression ratio, the 150 psi is just an idication of how healthy your rings are.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:17 PM

ice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I hope it is not the stock tank, it is like 4 gallons or something, you can get a 8, 8,5 or 9 gallon tank that fits under the seat like stock, you can also get a 10,5 or even a 12,5 gallon tank that sticks out the back. check out jspowersports.com, they have a lot of info on these sleds.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS