Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRUCK DISCUSSION

Old 02-28-2014, 02:44 PM
REBEL

whee Has earned a rub and tug from AR
whee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Dmax LB7 dies after startup.

My 02 LB7 dies shortly after startup, maybe 15 seconds. Open the hood and pump fuel back into the filter and it starts and runs fine. Does this sporadically, less than once a week. Changed the fuel filter but that didn't make a difference.

Any idea why it is doing this?

Hers - 06 M7 800 BB...at lest that's what the salesman told me. It's actually a bone stock 700.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:46 PM
REBEL

Brightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Brightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Lift pump? Plugged filter?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:04 AM
REBEL

whee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from AR

The Dmax doesn't have a lift pump. I changed the filter and it didn't make a difference.

Thanks for the ideas.

Hers - 06 M7 800 BB...at lest that's what the salesman told me. It's actually a bone stock 700.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Prospect

Stuck Has earned a rub and tug from ARStuck Has earned a rub and tug from ARStuck Has earned a rub and tug from ARStuck Has earned a rub and tug from ARStuck Has earned a rub and tug from ARStuck Has earned a rub and tug from ARStuck Has earned a rub and tug from ARStuck Has earned a rub and tug from ARStuck Has earned a rub and tug from ARStuck Has earned a rub and tug from AR

It could be the cp3. Or bad lines from the tank to the engine either cracked or collapsing on themselves. I'm not sure though as I haven't really dealt with the duramax.

Travis
Old 03-01-2014, 08:35 AM
REBEL

Brightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Brightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by whee View Post
The Dmax doesn't have a lift pump. I changed the filter and it didn't make a difference.
One will more than likely fix it.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:41 AM
REBEL

Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR

The seals in your filter head are worn out allowing fuel to drain back to the tank, I'll be right back with a link to what you need to fix it, the exact same thing happened to my 02

07 X-RS, SHR860R, aftermarket this, modified that blah blah blah......sold
07 X-RS, SHR800R.....sold
06 summit-X, SHR 800HO, big wheels, big track, still not fast.....sold

2005 CR500AF, ported, polished, and built by me.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:45 AM
REBEL

Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR

These are what you need to fix it

http://nicktane.com/osc/product_info...1c88b96c85a0fa

I highly highly recommend one of these also, I put one on my LB7, my LMM has one too.
http://nicktane.com/osc/product_info.php?products_id=51

Old 03-01-2014, 09:36 AM
REBEL

Default Dmax LB7 dies after startup.

Thanks LP. I'll get them ordered.

Adding a lift pump is probly a good idea but I don't want to put much into this old rig...not sure how much longer I'm going to keep it.

Last edited by whee; 03-01-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:40 PM
REBEL

Beels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLP
Beels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLP

The filter head has been known to crack too.
Rebel #244
Old 03-01-2014, 06:47 PM
REBEL

O-rings are cheap, I'd start with those

Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRUCK DISCUSSION