Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > YAMAHA

Old 11-18-2014, 06:11 PM
REBEL

Red Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLP
Red Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLP

Well lets review...

Polaris Pro RMK takes 50 of 52 races in Jackson

Snohawk, out of business??

Pro RMK, best selling snowmobile in the world, what, three years running?

Snohawk, out of business

If it is such a superior machine, why couldn't they sell any? Heck the snowbikes are selling better than the Hawk ever did.

You just must be that much smarter than everybody else I guess.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:39 PM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

[QUOTE=Red Mtn Rider;953155]Well lets review.... OK

Polaris Pro RMK takes 50 of 52 races in Jackson .... Really! I'm happy for you

Snohawk, out of business?? .... SnowHawk ? Says who ?

Pro RMK, best selling snowmobile in the world, what, three years running? .... So that's why you ride one

Snohawk, out of business ..... SnowHawk ? says who ?

If it is such a superior machine, why couldn't they sell any? Heck the snowbikes are selling better than the Hawk ever did .... I have no idea , it didn't stop me from snow checking without ever throwing a leg over one .

You just must be that much smarter than everybody else I guess....Doubt it I'm still yacking with you .
Old 11-19-2014, 06:48 AM
REBEL

Red Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLP
Red Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLPRed Mtn Rider Offical PLP

Sorry for being such a dick about it but I sure do get tired of the guys who like to run around the forums and tell everybody else how they are the best rider, and they will school you blah, blah, blah. That was the impression you gave me. My misinterpretation of your first reply I guess.

There is obviously more than one way to play in the snow with power toys. Even the Yamacats we are supposed to be discussing have a place. The Pro changed where and how I ride, a turbo sled would probably change that again, as would a bike, all specialized for a little different kind of terrain and riding.

The bikes hold no appeal for me. I have tried riding bikes, owned several dirt machines over the years, just not my thing. I look at the guy hanging off the side of his sled screaming through the trees as a ballet, not a flailing monkey, different perspective I guess. My buddy is bringing his snobikes out this winter so I can have a go. I seriously doubt I am going to be too enamored with a 60 hp bike trying to run at 10-12k feet but you never know. I am willing to eat all the crow he can dish. I doubt I will be eating much though, just can't see how it is going to be soooo much better.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:11 AM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

It's must be true , it takes one to know one

Sorry that we went down this road , I did not mean anything negative about that picture . It's a joke of ours that we can't stop as a group in an untouched area . If you where to ask me why I live up here my reply is not to get away from the relatives but to ride .

Our cabin is a small one and hopefully I'll be able to build a bigger one some day because we enjoy riding so much that we want to share it . I have two simple rules watch out for each other and clean up after your selves .

As far as the one skis goes either your gonna love them or hate them , no in between . When your friend brings his up and your taking it for a spin think about what it would be like with 150 plus ponies instead of 60 and not jamming gears . You won't be eating any crow I don't understand the concept of taking two machines and making one but I do know that to those guys my ride is no different than what the two strokes are saying about the four strokes .

The whole concept behind the four strokes is the way it's going and what Yamaha has is so rock solid that it can't be over looked . The engine is retarded because as of yet there isn't a clutch that can handle what their engine was designed to do .
Old 11-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Prospect

Tricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Just trying to get this thread back on track

Got to put a couple of miles on the sled this weekend and i am supper happy with the way this engine and chassis performs together. No i am not a pro rider by any means nor will i claim to be. I dont climb the steepest chutes or ride the tightes trees. Here in Alaska where i ride is mostly open alpine so this sled will be more than adequate. First thing everyone points out is the weight, sure you can feel it but the torque and low end power (to me) more than make up for it. I think as more people throw a leg over this machine they will see that it does have a place on the mountain. With that said im happy with my purchase

So now i will let the wolfs tear up this post and tell me what a POS i am for even thinking of going Four Stroke
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-19-2014, 02:09 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP

Dam good looking sled there Nick!!!!

Glad to finally hear some REAL info on the sled. Keep us updated as you get more miles on her.

Term limits....
1 in office..... 1 in JAIL!!!!!
Old 11-21-2014, 01:41 AM
Just Got Here

Remmy is an unknown quantity at this point

You crack me up Red Mt, I have a Pro 800, it's a sweet chassis, but having partaken of 4 stroke boost before, the Pro does not satisfy. It is underpowered, quite frankly it is like going to sleep compared to riding a boosted Yamaha.

If you like to meander through the woods then a Pro would certainly be easier to ride or a Tundra easier yet. If you're into the steep and deep and give the sleds some area to stretch their legs it is truly no contest....IMO
Old 11-21-2014, 07:39 AM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
You crack me up Red Mt, I have a Pro 800, it's a sweet chassis, but having partaken of 4 stroke boost before, the Pro does not satisfy. It is underpowered, quite frankly it is like going to sleep compared to riding a boosted Yamaha.

If you like to meander through the woods then a Pro would certainly be easier to ride or a Tundra easier yet. If you're into the steep and deep and give the sleds some area to stretch their legs it is truly no contest....IMO
I have ridden boosted Yammi's before, and boosted M8s, and modded big bores. I can/could have bought any one of them. The Pro suits my current riding style perfectly. Like going to sleep? Come follow me through the woods sometime stud.

The steep and deep is where retards go to get themselves killed. If it really fresh and deep on a steep slope, that is when and where bad things happen. The Pro climbs with every other sled in its class just fine. I ride with and e-tec doo and a new M8000. The Pro easily holds its own against those supposedly more powerful machines all day long. It gives up nothing on the climbs and shames them in the trees.

I love you Yammi studs, bring one of those tanks out, I would love to see what it can do. I keep saying that over and over and over yet I never see them on the mountain. Funny because there are two local dealers for Yammi. I think they sell better to the guys who ride the Mesa than those of who actually ride the mountains.

I suppose it helps with your manhood shrinkage to run a turbo Yammi huh? OOOOHHH I love how my balls hang low while my turbo spools up baby! Then you point it straight up a hill and grab some. Sorta like drag racing, anybody can do it, just point and shoot. I suppose that makes you a stud rider with such a badass machine between your legs! That is a pathetic excuse for riding skills IMO but yeah, Yammi does that best, at least after you drop a few thousand extra on a turbo. Stock for stock, you bring that Viper out, the Pro will eat its lunch. I'd take the same comparo turbo vs turbo but you guys only like the comparisons when you can turbo your machine but mine has to be stock. More pathetic excuses for a sled that just isn't quite there yet. Thats my my opinion until I see differently.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:57 AM
Prospect

Tricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from ARTricky Nick Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Why cant people just ride what they got and have fun. No need for this my brand is better than yours
Old 11-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Prospect

Sneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from ARSneak A Peak Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Beautiful sled Tricky Nick. Congradulations on your purchase.The sled looks more than capabile to take me where i dont need to be.

Please Keep us updated with your feedback on her down the strech of winter. I for one want to hear reviews of actual owners.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > YAMAHA