Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > ATV / UTV

Old 01-29-2014, 11:11 AM
Just Got Here

Grandpa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Polaris 450 Sportsman Tail light assembly

So need some help. Have an 06' 450 Sportsman with a cracked tail light lens, but when I took it apart the main lamp assembly is melted ( got hot) where the main wiring harness plugs into the back of the lamp assembly. Does anybody know where to get a pig tail I can splice into the wirig so I don't have to buy the entire harness?
I can get the new tail lamp assembly from the dealer, but really don't need the complete harness for jsut the tail light. I need the plug that goes into the back of where the arrow is pointing.

Thanks Grandpa
Attached Images
File Type: png tail light.png (12.4 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Grandpa; 01-29-2014 at 11:16 AM. Reason: change picture picture
Old 01-29-2014, 07:38 PM
"that didn't really happen did it?"

EricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AR
EricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Is THIS it. Ew
Old 01-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Just Got Here

No- I need the 3 prong tail light plug, ( tan in color) which is split off the reverse back- up lamp. According to the dealer you have to buy the entire wiring harness.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:01 PM
"that didn't really happen did it?"

EricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AR
EricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Can you just figure a clean way to splice from your harness wiring to the bulb terminals. Solder on or possible mod some flat spade or bullet point connectors to get ya by. Can you post a pic of what the tail light terminals/socket look like. EW
Old 01-30-2014, 02:06 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Sometimes on the back of the plastic piece it will aslo say if it is a delphi terminal or such. If you have a picture of the broken part I bet we could match it up, you buy a terminal to match it and just splice that on. Or if it is just the part that the bulb plugs into, what kind of bulb is that?

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 01-31-2014, 12:34 PM
Just Got Here

I was thinking the same thing, going with the bullet point connectors. Good idea to fill the cavity with silicone to keep water out?

Also I will check the make of the terminal to see if its Delphi or not. I know the terminal has a part number imprinted on it, so I will check that also ( the old one is so burnt and melted I will have to wait for the new one that is on order

Thanks for all your help

Grandpa
Old 01-31-2014, 12:44 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Doing some more looking, it looks like a 4010764 bulb, the plug for something like that would be polaris part number 4011101.

The part you have pointed to in the diagram is the 4011101, you should not need the whole assembly, and should also be a delphi model because I know they use the same bulb in Ford's.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > ATV / UTV