Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > DAKOTAS

Old 01-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Prospect

Grizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Grizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default South Dakota Rapid City area

Some friends of mine want to take there son to South Dakota around fourth of july and are looking for some place to stay near Rapid City...Any one here have a lead on a cabin or house? Any other ideas? She has to do all of the planning cause he is a putz (husband not the boy) and her health is failing (shes only 40) Boy is around 10... She asked if I could help her plan a trip to the monuments, wind caves, mammoth site, etc etc

thanks in advance
Old 01-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Prospect

Grizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrizz88 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I think she really needs a place to rest away from the kaos of a busy city but yet still wants to take her son on a vaca before she gets worse
Old 01-13-2014, 04:23 PM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

Was just down there a couple weeks ago. There is not much to do around rapid city, but it would be my suggestion to stay in the Lead/Deadwood area. much more scenic and you cant drive any of the highways with out passing by caves, guided fishing streams, etc. (the cosmos is a great attraction in the area for younger kids. Then take a day and drive to Rapid city and take the kiddo to reptile gardens and storybook island. that would probably make a day. both good for younger ones.

Dont know when your planning on going, but skip the half of aug when the sturgus rally is.

Last edited by Bump; 01-13-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Prospect

july 4th
Old 01-13-2014, 04:30 PM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

There is a big fireworks display at Mt Rushmore over the 4th. would be neat to see.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:22 PM
"bottom end killer "

flatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from AR
flatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from ARflatlander_summit Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Grizz, there is quite a bit around there to do for families. REBEL or Haywire may be the most helpful in giving advice of where to stay. I had a family reunion there a few years ago and we stayed in a cabin at a Lake Poctello or something like that. It is about 30 minutes west of RC and about the same from Lead/Deadwood. There are rentals all over down there, check the local classifieds from there and www.bismanonline.com to find rentals.

There is a small town called Hill City that is a cool little former mining town/tourist trap, of course Mt. Rushmore, the Cosmos, Rapid has a reptile garden I believe, I think there is a big fireworks show at Crazy Horse, deadwood is always a cool place to go.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Yes.. Thats the problem is staying out of the tourist traps.. Griz.. are they wanting a house to rent?

http://www.blackhillsvacationhomes.com/ This place is good to deal with

If they are not wanting a house to rent.. Keystone/Hill City/ Custer state park is where they should look.. Not a cheap as some of the other locations.. but it keeps you a lot closer to all the other things and out of the big "traffic" areas...

4th of July is a super busy time in the hills... Like others mentioned the fireworks display at MT. Rushmore is nice.. but crazy busy.. people start waiting in line at 6am to see them... Belle Fourche and Lead have the other two displays.. Belle Fourche is actually the biggest fireworks show in the hills over the 4th...

There are so many things to do here, the biggest thing is nailing down what they want to do.. Make sure they budget in a little more time coming during the 4th just because of the extra crowds... Feel free to PM me with any questions you have about the area...
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > DAKOTAS