Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > ATV / UTV

Old 01-15-2014, 09:00 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Du View Post
well your not really old until you buy a ranger with a cab and heat and wonder why you ever rode a snowmobile before. are the tracks very loud?
HEY NOW!!! I'm out in the garage insulating the cab on my Ranger 6X6. The heater is having a hard time keeping it T-shirt weather inside Lmao!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:11 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
HEY NOW!!! I'm out in the garage insulating the cab on my Ranger 6X6. The heater is having a hard time keeping it T-shirt weather inside Lmao!
I have been trying to do the same damn thing. I have been stuffing bubble wrap every where in the dash. and I am only 38
Old 01-15-2014, 10:32 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

Quote:
I have been trying to do the same damn thing. I have been stuffing bubble wrap every where in the dash. and I am only 38
Talk with your dealer! Poo actually make an insulation kit to seal up the firewall on all the Rangers. Tough to find it in the catalogs, but a good parts guy should be able to find it for you. For the Ranger 6x6 the kit was $85. Supposed to seal up the wind tunnel that comes through there. Tough part is you have to pull the lower dash out to install it. Headed out now to put it on. I'll update this and let you know how tough the install is and how well it actually seals up the firewall.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:54 AM
"that didn't really happen did it?"

EricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AR
EricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
are the tracks very loud?
They seem more so on the dirt than in the snow. Not a real noticeable difference in the deep snow but not sure on hard pack or groomed. I don't think track noise would be a reason not to enjoy them. Don't have to put down scratchers. Lol. EW
Old 01-17-2014, 01:07 AM
REBEL

Well I managed to get my firewall insulation kit installed last night/today. What a huge difference. Damn things should come with the firewall sealed up like that from the factory. Install wasn't too bad. Took about 3 hours. Now that I did one, if I had a clean new unit I could do one in about an hour. Well worth the money and work for anyone that has a full cab on a ranger. Actually would be nice with even just a half windshield.

Last edited by theultrarider; 01-17-2014 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:55 AM
"that didn't really happen did it?"

EricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AR
EricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AREricW Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Got to run a couple tanks through the scoot this weekend. The more I ride it the more I like it. I have really had a ball boondocking through the woods with it. Packing extra gas is a must, and I am trying to figure out a plan to fab up some better rack storage options. I know the speedo is off due to the drivers on the tracks being smaller than the OEM tires (speedo reads fast) so the Odo is off too. That said, this is what I found. This bike gets 10 mpg on the odo. Given a 5 gallon tank that's about 50 miles on the odo which I bet is about 30 - 35 miles in reality. I will GPS my next trip and see for sure.

When this thing runs out of gas it will die like you hit the kill switch. No sputter, no warning, and definitely no standing up going 30 in the fluff when the trip odo reads 51.3. This beast shut off, sank the frontend, and pitched me over the bars like Boo hitting a downhill tree well. The thing then ran over me and left me under the floor boards between the two tracks. Lesson learned. 10 mpg was a combination of breaking trail in/up/down, then coming back out in my own tracks.

I have pulled some fairly steep stuff so far and only got stopped a couple times in the loose powder. Both times I could back up, hit it again, and finish the climb. Looks to me like the biggest risk with these is hitting a snow covered blow down with the front tracks and having it pop up high enough that the front of the rear tracks go under it. Do that and you'll be getting the saw out. I crossed many more after that lesson and just got better at doing it. Don't go slow either, it will spin when the rear track tries to climb up.

All in all a very fun ride. I really liked the clean of 4 stroke and the quiet too. The deeper snow muffles any track noise and all you hear is the motor. saw lots of wildlife and had a great couple of days. That's it for now. More later. EW

Old 01-20-2014, 12:18 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

So you don't even ride a sled now?? We need Kurt to get you one of those famous bubble helmets.... Haha

Looks good. Any off-road pics of it? Trying to get an idea where you take this thing!

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > ATV / UTV