Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES

Old 10-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Prospect

IDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default 08 Road King CVO ?

Hey guys,
Any one have any experience with these bikes ?
Thinking of picking one up. HD didn't make the RK CVO from 09 till 13.
Thus looking for a 08. How does the 110 motor hold up ? Reliability ?
Would it be better to buy a RK 103 and add cams,etc.. ? HD in Boise has 2013 RK Classic's for 17k.
Is the changed 09 frame that much better ?
Thanks for all input in advance !
Old 10-31-2013, 11:50 AM
BCR Resident Tramp

Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP
Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP

The CVO bikes come decked out and hold their value better than the regular line of bikes.
Value for the $ spent is a personal deal....if your going to add a bunch of chrome and performance parts there might be better value in the CVO than a regular run bike.

www.canadasledparts.com

http://www.modsskis.com/
Old 10-31-2013, 10:55 PM
Prospect

badapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from AR
badapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from ARbadapple Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I know the 110 has had some issues. I also heard the 103 has some too..

I found this site to be helpful when i have questions http://www.hdforums.com/ . I have an 08 RKC its Twin cam 96 has 20k and never had an issue!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:54 AM
I like saying Undies

firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP
firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP

08 rc was not a cvo they called them screaming eagles back then....the 110 is a good motor only seen one with a bad cranck but he like doing burnouts ALOT...the 1-3 motor complaints have been over exadrated on hdforums the motor is a strong Ihave 25,000 on my 103 with no issues...yes the fram was a huge diffrence from 08 to 09 even 07....the 08 frame is in its own class when you try and get parts for it the 08 is specific where 09 to 13 all fit but 08 will not fit anything 09 up or 07 and down....last thing to help you out, go back and look at the neck welding on the 08 then go look at a 09...
Old 11-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Prospect

IDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Im told the 09 went to a hydroformed frame eliminating 70 some welds.Sounds good but is it really just a cheeper way to produce them ?
2" longer, beefed swing arm,180 rear tire ( wears better ) The 08 is a CVO.
They made the RK CVO's in 07,08 and not again till 13.thus me wanting a 08.
Cant replicate one for $$$$ with a standard classic.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Prospect

Been spending a lot of time here
www.cvoharley.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etg1xuZRfV4

Last edited by IDAHDOO; 11-01-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:07 AM
I like saying Undies

firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP
firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP

I think they widened the frame in 09...the welds on my friends 08 look as it was crashed but it was not..he was able to get neck covers to cover the welds.....the compensator was a big issue on that year my friend got his 08 for a trip we took over the summer he wanted the fuel injection and 6speed the bike ran good and he likes the bike but he test drove a new one in milwaukee and he said it was night and day on handling...

for some reason i thought the 08 was still a screaming eagle....
Old 11-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Prospect

They are a Screaming Eagle so to say. CVO is their " Custom Vehicle Operations " Division. Hand built motor's, hand painted, and just about all the available options from the Screaming Eagle catalog. Very different from the standards.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:44 PM
I like saying Undies

I understand what cvo is and ride with guys who have them......but they did not start using the term "cvo" till 2000 some time and I thought it was closer to 2010....
Old 11-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Prospect

In da haus !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0COGBOOOKs
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES